Archived Selling Redcards as a cashier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those TM's are the ones that tell me when there are deals on Mt Dew!

Haha... I remember i bought like 12 cases of mtn dew back in spring for around $2/case.... Just finished my last 12 pack the other day :) Not bad for $20

This. Also, can you use your TM discount with food stamps? One of our new cashiers asked me yesterday and I wasn't sure what to tell her.

Yeh, you can use your TM disc with foodstamps. A little more bang for your buck....eh, foodstamp.

Warning: GSTL/GSAs do not like it when you skip prompts. I got coached once for skipping a Red Card prompt, and to this day, one of our GSAs doesn't believe me when I tell her I got a Red Card. Of course, after the coaching, I went for months without a Red Card (go figure), and I just started getting them again recently.

It's true that skipping prompts is against the "rules" and you can get coached if you are caught. For a while if a cashier hit the reject button on the prompt screen too fast a message indicating that the cashier was "skipping" prompts was sent to the GSTL's pda (the icon for it was actually a little coach--it would come up for other things too but right now I can't remember exactly what) but I haven't seen that in a while so I think Target took it away. Luckily, it doesn't matter if your GSA believes you or not, the POS system tracks your personal red card app score (every single key stroke you make on a register is tracked no matter how trivial). It's a ratio of apps to prompts and all apps count whether they are approved or not.

One of the GSAs in my store will ask guests who are making payments on their Target credit card if they know about the debit to see if they'd like to switch and avoid getting bills to pay. She's had some success with that.

And to add on what tellmeaboutatime said you can also tell guests about Pharmacy Rewards (Every 5 prescriptions at the Pharmacy you get an additional 5% off that you can use on top of your Card so a 10% shopping trip!) and last but not least today is the official roll out for FREE shipping when using your Target Credit or Debit card on Target.com!

Haha... I remember i bought like 12 cases of mtn dew back in spring for around $2/case.... Just finished my last 12 pack the other day :) Not bad for $20

$20 for all that mountain dew?! Holy ************ that's ************ing sweet. My heart would stop if I could get that much for $20 rofl.

It's true that skipping prompts is against the "rules" and you can get coached if you are caught. For a while if a cashier hit the reject button on the prompt screen too fast a message indicating that the cashier was "skipping" prompts was sent to the GSTL's pda (the icon for it was actually a little coach--it would come up for other things too but right now I can't remember exactly what) but I haven't seen that in a while so I think Target took it away. Luckily, it doesn't matter if your GSA believes you or not, the POS system tracks your personal red card app score (every single key stroke you make on a register is tracked no matter how trivial). It's a ratio of apps to prompts and all apps count whether they are approved or not.

I think it's become somewhat of a joke by now. Said GSA knows about how they show up on the PDA (assuming the PDA is working), but she still likes to tease me about it.

What we need to start having is a feature on the register that can select all items, hit K2 to change the amount on the entire purchase for 5% under "Guest Price Challenge." Show them the screen and say: If you had a REDCard, this is what you're total would be. Since you don't (hit VOID K3) This is your total.

I like to open up with "Have you heard about our 5% rewards program?" I got that one from our STL actually. It provokes conversation, and may get them interested before they realize your just another cashier trying to push your stores credit card.
If you don't mind I'm going to borrow this? :)
Do not. It is specifically in the guidelines to not call it a rewards or membership program.

The person with the most redcards in our entire district has a speech that goes like - "What if I told you that you can save 5% on your purchase today and every time you shop at Target? Wouldn't you want to save?" :D

I receive emails from corporate when cashiers do this. DO NOT SELL IT AS A REWARDS CARD.

That's because a marketing company (paid for by TD Bank) comes in and has mystery shoppers open up cards to see that the cashiers say.
I see multiple shops at stores where they have cashiers who are not truthful.

That's because a marketing company (paid for by TD Bank) comes in and has mystery shoppers open up cards to see that the cashiers say.
I see multiple shops at stores where they have cashiers who are not truthful.
jeez can they come to my line if they're straight up ready to open a card? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back