Archived Senior Team Leaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrTLtattedup

SrTL Hardlines
Hey guys so as Senior's our job is a literal balancing act.

How many LOD shifts do all of you have?

What area's are you all balancing with those LOD shifts?

When asked to focus on only " high scope " things where does your mind go?

How is your relationship with your TL's and your ETL's?

for me...

I get 3 to 4 LOD shifts a week this leaves me usually only 1 day of freedom but I don't get sales planners unless the PTL needs my help. otherwise that team has them covered for the whole store.
I'm currently taking over Electronics as well as A&B for area's I have other HL TL's.
High scope for me now is the biggest guessing game. I ask powerful questions to my peer's
and challenge area's that need improvement. but "high scope" can be a vast beast of things...
thats where I'm wondering where to go with it.
SO far I'm in a new store so I'm developing a relationship with everyone.
and could definitely use some of your stories!

my sr tl's gets 2 shifts as lod or task. when they are not lod, they get their sp's & disc stuff done daily in their area. i love working with them. they know which tl's or tm's will get the job done & still make sales/vibe for the store.

Hey guys so as Senior's our job is a literal balancing act.

How many LOD shifts do all of you have?

What area's are you all balancing with those LOD shifts?

When asked to focus on only " high scope " things where does your mind go?

How is your relationship with your TL's and your ETL's?

LOD shifts: 2 or 3 (closing night plus weekend rotation or closing night, weekend rotation and one dayside shift)

Areas: toys/seasonal/electronics/entertainment/sporting goods/HIA/plastics/domestics
I try to spend some time in these areas as LOD (especially electronics)

"High scope" for me is whatever major issues I'm facing in my areas (usually electronics/AAR/service scores or PTM), or any other major transitions/big truck days/FDC issues

Managing other TLs: I try not to get into their stuff a lot but I know I need to work on it. (There's not many TLs who are on the sales floor and I'm fairly new at this SrTL thing!)
ETL: honestly I don't have much of a relationship with my ETL, I tend to go to other ETLs with my questions/comments/concerns. My ETL is pretty clueless and maybe a lost cause...

You sond like my senior, except they've been there for years.

2 LOD shifts per week, along with every morning until 7am when the "opening" LOD comes in. As the first person in I am responsible for making sure all of the early call offs are filled, the mess left from the night before is taken care of and any team issues are taken care of. I laugh when the HRETL tells me that those 4 hours everyday can't really be counted as LOD shifts since the store isn't open. I reply LOD stands for Leader on Duty and that is exactly what I am until another ETL comes in.I am doing the full LOD shifts while I am also running a truck team. Yep it can be pretty stressful

I have 3+ LOD shifts per week. I am also the only TL in SL so when I'm not LOD, I'm trying to fix what I can on that half of the store. As for relationships, I get along great with everyone except my own ETL.

I have 3+ LOD shifts per week. I am also the only TL in SL so when I'm not LOD, I'm trying to fix what I can on that half of the store. As for relationships, I get along great with everyone except my own ETL.

Hahaha me too (not getting along well with my ETL)
I'm expecting more LOD shifts in Q4 for sure. :|

I only get LOD shifts on weekends now, which is strange. And we've swapped STLs, who seems to want to really downplay our leadership in the store. Our last STL treated us like ETLs. She had high expectations for us and was prepping us to move on to the next level. This STL (who is by no means new to Target; 10+ years AS an STL) treats us like TLs. We don't attend LOD meetings anymore, and now my ETL is being pushed to micromanage the crap out of me, which is driving me crazy.

I really feel like they're going to push me out after 4th quarter. :p

I get 1-3 LOD shifts per week. Almost always closing, but occasionally mid after cash office or mid on Sunday. I close more than any other TL in the store. If I'm not closing LOD, I'm closing GSTL.

We have TL meetings every two weeks, but lately they haven't been able to find the time for them. The execs always have their meetings on Mondays, and they generally do so in the hour and a half when we're really busy and have no one on the salesfloor.

When I'm closing LOD my priorities are always with keeping up with reshop, getting the zone done, and driving REDcards up at the front, but with six digit days and a small closing crew, it's a giant pain.

As far as relationships with ETLs go, I feel like they're hit or miss. We've had a lot of new people coming in, and I can relate really well with some of them, but my cashiers aren't great at getting REDcards so that's all I ever hear about. I had a good relationship with my ETLHR, but she recently left. My ETLHL is an idiot. She makes things up about TLs, but because she's an ETL our STL listens to her. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who gets me, our PATL, and SLTL to run for the hills.

It sucks because I feel like I could really learn a lot from all of the new ETLs coming in if they'd let me shadow them as LOD, because when I was trained...well, I pretty much wasn't trained and my store isn't big on feedback, so while I feel confident in my closing shifts as LOD, I don't actually know if that's the case.

I have 3 LODs Shifts and 1 is my regular closing night and the other two are on the weekends I open or close.

Closing night I just focus on Zone/Reshop/Redcards. Mornings I usually Focus on instocks/zone/reshop/redcards. As far as my work, Im the only softlines TL. I have trained my Brand TM Members to do VAs and I am in the process of getting every softlines TM train into doing Tables/SPLs. As Far as ETL Relationships, They Love me, Im the one that closes for them if they need a day off or they need help with other work centers I'm the one that usually steps up to help other dept. Also I have the same relationship with the Team leaders, I am a team player, I dont complain when i have to do stuff out of my dept to help them out. I think its what you make of it, I know some of the SrTLs that I have work with, they get upset if they are not recognize or have to close by themselves, but its what we signed off when we decided to take the position. I love it, I do not have my degree but I'm working on it and I want to be an ETL.

At my store, I’m the Sr. CTL I usually have three LOD shifts per week (Task and Service). On the weekends that I am scheduled, I run the trailer unload process being that Flow TL is out on LOA and the ETL-LOG works the opposite weekend. (At my old store, I was the O/N Flow TL and the STL asked if I would help out). The departments that I have: Market (Dry/Dairy/Frzn/PFresh), Paper/Chemicals and Mini Seasonal.

During my LOD shifts, I spend majority of my time in Market following up with routines, sales planners, vendors, PAs and backroom. I usually step in and help out the other TLs that need support within their work center. I have a very strong relationship with the other TLs in the building. When I first came to the store, I took the time out to really get to know them personally and as leaders. During my non-LOD shifts, I spend my time PTMing, working the MPG report, planning out the workload via TWT and assisting where I can.

I have a strong relationship with my ETL-HLs and STL. The other ETLs seem to be a bit reserved towards me for some reason; unless they need me to cover their LOD closing shift then we are the best of friends. The ETL-LOG and I bump-heads time to time with the unload process for PFresh but nothing really major.

High Scope, I see that leading at perspective that impacts total store operations. More specifically, how did we as leaders contribute to the success of the business and team members that we interact with on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back