Archived Seriously panicking - any Presentation TLs around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will get dirty looks from other TLs. Somehow they think Plano is simple and a lot of time is wasted. Truth is yes most POG teams have great senses of humor, they have to! When they hear the joking and laughing its only so we are not screaming and crying. Some of the little surprises you encounter
Loads of reshop in areas you have to clear
vomit, chewing tobacco, shit (no kidding here) and gum on shelves that you get the pleasure of cleaning. And don't even get me started on the laundry soap shelves
Label strips that don't show up until a week later
Product that is larger or smaller than will fit, so you get to be "creative"
Hunting down product that hasn't been located in the backroom
Added workload on any given day. Nothing like thinking your done for the week and 3 POGS mysteriously drop in
pages and pages of transition "notes" about all the things you won't get on time to set, things that won't fit, specialty shelves and fixtures that won't arrive on time etc
TLs that think aisles should be completely reset when doing a revision.If I am given 15 minutes to do a 3% revision my team will not be zoning and cleaning the entire aisle
Best thing to do is have the areas TL help you set a large transition. They can see that it isn't fun and games.
I think that every TL should be required to work at least a day in other areas, so they can see the grass really isn't any greener.
Partnerships, a great can do attitude, planning and a great team will make all the difference in your job.

This reminds me of two days ago (I get along great with my Plano Team, though they skip the signing at every opportunity). She wanders into the Fixture room, while I am trying to recreate a Signing Section (Mine got taken away due to SFS, this is gonna be a fuckin disaster). instantly I say, if you ask "Do we have?, I am going to walk over there punch you straight in the face". (I am a male, she isn't, so anyone not on my Team would prolly get me coached). Instantly we both started bursting in laughter, and I helped her get what she needed.

The OP was last on when they originally posted this topic... but, if perchance they return... I'd be interested to hear how they got on with becoming the NEW PPTL. Especially with the big HOME Transition most stores went through and all the other transitions and holiday sets. I've been on Plano for 4+ years and in that time the Plano team has had 6 TLs (one of which stepped down and then back up to fill a sudden vacancy due to health issues). So, I know it's a very stressful and under-supported role in the store. Curious to see how a novice with ZERO experience has been handling it. Hopefully, their store was more supportive and they had a great trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back