Archived Service Ambassador?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that led me to change the phrasing of cihyfs? to "Are you finding everything you need?" (which means if they don't need your help they say yes instead of you having to NO all day) was a woman who shrieked, "I one more person asks me that, I'm going to barf!".

I didn't get many of those but it just takes one.
"Are you finding everything alright?" "Are you finding what you're looking for?" and to people who claim that they don't need help but still look a bit lost (especially kids 10+) "If you need any help, feel free to ask!"

Fortunately I've never had a really grumpy one. I think my favorite people are the ones that come straight to the fitting room and say, "Where is (clothing item)?" or "Do you carry (random item)?" They're usually cheerful and so easy to help... I've noticed that the grumpy people seem to prefer to stomp around, mess things up, and stew in their own misery rather than come to the fitting room where there's guaranteed to be someone to help them...

The one we had during our remodel process made sense. We're a two floor store, so when things got shifted around, there was confusion... and anger (people like the Vermaport... just not when they're REQUIRED to use it). So that made sense.

I'm not working as much now, but I believe we do have a guy who's doing this currently, but it seems like his main job is to get surveys

In a two-story location that makes a lot more sense because there is significantly more ground to cover and there is also a greater chance of guests being confused. In my store though it was a completely waste of resources.

Sorry. I mean no offense by my posts. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but in the 6 years I've worked for red, I've never once seen a comment that complains about being asked if they need help too much. In that same time frame I've had one guest visibly get annoyed that I asked them if they were finding everything all right.

I guess I'm just getting very tired of the constant bitching that pervades this forum. Not the bitching itself, but more that the bitching is always in reference to the same things. I'm torn because there is such a wealth of knowledge here and, as of late, I tend to avoid the TTOG and TTOTM threads which are 90% bitching. Maybe I just need to take some time away from here.
Sigma, I mean no offense to you friend,but isn't that what the whole point of those two threads are for? yes your absolutely correct that there is a wealth of knowledge on this site but those threads are designed for us to vent about the crazies we run into guest and TM alike. otherwise we would all have probably gone nuts a while back.

I've been yelled at during vibe hour, a tm has had to call an lod during it so a guest could complain about it, there have been comments. If I didn't work there, I'd complain myself. If I need help, I'll look for a red shirt. Sheesh. I hate that stuff when I shop haha. I'd rather walk around in circles than small talk with some sales associate eager to add $$ to my basket or whatever. Also, after working at a store with concrete sales goals, I don't always trust sales people. I wouldn't even trust me. Of course, I won't deny that there are people who like being asked.

BUT, I think you can usually read people. I think I'm pretty good at guessing who will be receptive and who won't be. Nothing wrong with liking to keep to yourself during a shopping trip. I walked in circles for 10 mins on a cosmic brownie hunt during my meal today and I knew where the green tm was.

I think a single team member doing it would be better though, as long as they weren't walking around asking the same people over and over again.

Sorry. I mean no offense by my posts. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but in the 6 years I've worked for red, I've never once seen a comment that complains about being asked if they need help too much. In that same time frame I've had one guest visibly get annoyed that I asked them if they were finding everything all right.

I guess I'm just getting very tired of the constant bitching that pervades this forum. Not the bitching itself, but more that the bitching is always in reference to the same things. I'm torn because there is such a wealth of knowledge here and, as of late, I tend to avoid the TTOG and TTOTM threads which are 90% bitching. Maybe I just need to take some time away from here.
Sigma, I mean no offense to you friend,but isn't that what the whole point of those two threads are for? yes your absolutely correct that there is a wealth of knowledge on this site but those threads are designed for us to vent about the crazies we run into guest and TM alike. otherwise we would all have probably gone nuts a while back.

None taken! I get that people need a place to vent. I've vented here multiple times. In my attempt to remain mostly positive this year, I'm finding that there is a lot of negativity out there (IRL and on the interwebs) that I need to avoid. No offense to anyone here.

It's been a bad year all around so this place will be a mental oasis for those of us pondering the possibility of going postal.
hmm single shot or semi auto decisions decisions I kid of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back