Archived Service Desk Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

B26

Hey Guys,

I might be transferring to a Target that is closer to me, so I went to that store today just to check it out and noticed that they did not use carts up in guest service for sorting merchandise, just a bunch of boxes.. Does anyone work in a store like that? If so, could you explain how that system works. Thanks!

This store is probably an older model.

Its simple. Each bin is designated for a specific dept. Electronics/MMB, Market, HBASporting Goods... You throw what ever items in the boxes. At intervals, you will call the salesfloor or they will come up and pick up the reshop. Depending on the store, the TMs will either walk behind SD or you will have to fill a cart for them or give them the box to empty. It should be about the same process with the carts.

Then for defects, I usually had a box for non-worked items. Then the colored label defect boxes went under the counter. Special defects went into other bins

My store has the carts, but we also have a few bins for electronics, salvage, special handling, etc. I would imagine that Smart Sort works the same way with the boxes as it does with the carts.

SmartSort can work with a box, as some older stores don't have room for carts.

Each "cart" is a box.
Cart 1 in the system might be assigned to the HBA box.
Cart 2 might be assigned to the Dry Market box.
Cart 3 might be assigned as the Infant Hardlines box.
etc, etc.

Thanks for the clarification.. Seems like it's the same thing just with boxes rather then carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back