Archived Service Desk Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can do coupons up to 100 dollars off at the register. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you but that's the max amount. If you need to do more than 100 you need to split after 100.

Hmm, maybe only if you're scanning a coupon, not hitting K4, and then K1 and manually entering an amount?

you can do coupons up to 100 dollars off at the register. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you but that's the max amount. If you need to do more than 100 you need to split after 100.

Just make sure (when there that amount) that there Legit.

I've had to do two large coupons. Both times I let ap know about it and why I had to do it. I figure it was better coming from me with an explanation than showing up on a report later.

POS is designed to know the amount it starts with, refilled with, and ends with everyday. I'm not going any further into this.

That much is obvious, it's knowing what time during the day that money was removed that shouldn't have been that seems like a timesink to me.

I have no intention of stealing regardless of whether I'd get caught, it just boggles my mind that they don't swap drawers every time cashiers change on a register.

As someone who's done cash office for many years & combed through hours of EJ (electronic journal), there's several components that AP strings together to figure out what happened to money.
The EJ can, in fact, tell you how much cash should be in the drawer at any given time.
CSA (central store audit) reviews transaction data for every register every day & compares it against the counted drawer amts submitted by cash office counters. That's only the beginning.

I've had to do two large coupons. Both times I let ap know about it and why I had to do it. I figure it was better coming from me with an explanation than showing up on a report later.

I think the most important thing, is to not accept any printable coupons over $10. And remember, we don't accept coupons from the internet for free items either. I've seen guests bring in coupons for free xboxes and video games and such. Those are typically fraudulent.

Real High Value Coupons, or Free Item coupons, should be printed on some sort of special paper, and contain a hologram. However, if it's a Target.com coupon, these should be simply verified (that the guest purchased the correct item) if it's high value.

Last edited:
As someone who's done cash office for many years & combed through hours of EJ (electronic journal), there's several components that AP strings together to figure out what happened to money.
The EJ can, in fact, tell you how much cash should be in the drawer at any given time.
CSA (central store audit) reviews transaction data for every register every day & compares it against the counted drawer amts submitted by cash office counters. That's only the beginning.

I fully expect the machine to know how much money should be in it at any given moment. I am a computer science major, I would program it to be aware of such info were I to program the POS software. I however have no clue how I'd go about programming it to know how much IS in it, and therefore have any way of knowing what time of day the actual amount in it veered from the expected amount.

And remember, we don't accept coupons from the internet for free items either. I've seen guests bring in coupons for free xboxes and video games and such. Those are typically fraudulent.

Hmm, don't think I was ever told that before, though not sure if I've ever encountered such coupons either, bu I think if someone gave me a coupon for a free bag of chips that was printed off the internet I'd have likely just taken it, whereas a free xbox, uhh, hell to the no, there's no way I'd give someone a free xbox without calling over the GSTL at the very least.

Last edited:

I think the most important thing, is to not accept any printable coupons over $10. And remember, we don't accept coupons from the internet for free items either. I've seen guests bring in coupons for free xboxes and video games and such. Those are typically fraudulent.

Real High Value Coupons, or Free Item coupons, should be printed on some sort of special paper, and contain a hologram. However, if it's a Target.com coupon, these should be simply verified (that the guest purchased the correct item) if it's high value.

Once was a guest who spent $500 but couldn't use her REDCard for whatever reason (I wasn't with the cashier when this went down). She called corporate from the store to complain and corporate got me on the phone and told me to do it as a missed Spot coupon.

The second time, was during that 20% coupon and there was an issue, and long story short, I ended up doing that as a manual coupon and it was like $60.

also, most of the coupons i did that were over 100 was during the 20% off coupon. For some reason a stack of ours were not scanning at the register. We even kept a stack in case something happened because we all know it usually does and the coupons that were never given out didn't even work. People were spending 2-3k in our store that weekend and wanted their 20% off.

Once was a guest who spent $500 but couldn't use her REDCard for whatever reason (I wasn't with the cashier when this went down). She called corporate from the store to complain and corporate got me on the phone and told me to do it as a missed Spot coupon.

I would have wrote something on her receipt, so, if she tried to return the stuff later, the store could deduct the amount from her return. It would have been easy for her to pocket the money if she wanted because of the way missed coupon works :(

I would have wrote something on her receipt, so, if she tried to return the stuff later, the store could deduct the amount from her return. It would have been easy for her to pocket the money if she wanted because of the way missed coupon works :(

Yeah, ap was not happy about that 20% coupon and returns. I told them that if it was an honest return, I'd let the guest keep the 20%. If it smelled dishonest, I would make sure to adjust the prices accordingly. That seemed fair to them.

The thing is, you're not suppose to know. I am a Team Lead and my best friend is an APTL and there's just things they cannot tell anyone. He doesn't tell me and I don't ask but trust me, they know.

I'm a cynical person, I used to be an administrator on a very popular online game (several million players), and we pretended to have access to information we didn't, and the ability to detect things we couldn't simply as a means of scaring people from breaking the rules that we couldn't actually enforce.

I suspect a lot of what AP does is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back