Archived Service Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to me how my "Electronics Score" can be 3.8 w/ nothing lower than a 3.7 on the service aspect of it and my "Electronics Service is Fast" can be 3.35. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to affect that? :angry: It's not my fault that our front end sucks and the cashiers piss off all of the guests right as they are leaving.

Could be call buttons, tm's available, & guest surveys affecting your scores. Do Fff thing, beat the call buttons, & try to keep a presence on the salesfloor at all times.

I pride myself on not letting one call box go off during my shift, especially my closing shifts.

Can someone please explain to me how my "Electronics Score" can be 3.8 w/ nothing lower than a 3.7 on the service aspect of it and my "Electronics Service is Fast" can be 3.35. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to affect that? :angry: It's not my fault that our front end sucks and the cashiers piss off all of the guests right as they are leaving.

Hey, don't knock us front end folks! I'm just kidding, feel free to complain about cashiers. I will readily admit that my co-workers at the front end are the biggest slackers in my store. About a third of them don't give a s**t about anything and another third is just clueless. And it's those two thirds that get the vast majority of the cashier hours.

We MySupported this very scenario before Christmas. Their response was that that the "Electronics Score" is filled out by guests that ACTUALLY had interactions with someone in the Electronics department (They have to indicate that they interacted with Electronics to receive the Electronics questions). The Service in Electronics is Fast score (1 of 5 service related questions: Check out is fast, Service in Electronics is fast, Ad merch in stock, TM's available, etc) is taken by every guest who fills out a survey whether they actually visited Electronics or not. SO basically if the Guest comes in and for instance goes only to the Pharmacy and receive "bad" service, they ultimately can score all 5 survey questions bad. We bust our butts to try and greet every guest, but our guests are super needy and we can easily spend 10+ minutes with one guest. We call for additional help, but still can't raise our scores. We got extra hours to have more Electronics coverage during our "busy" hours, but even then it's not enough. We are almost always Green in the "Electronics Score", but our Service in Electronics score is low yellow or red. GO Figure!

The Service in Electronics is Fast score (1 of 5 service related questions: Check out is fast, Service in Electronics is fast, Ad merch in stock, TM's available, etc) is taken by every guest who fills out a survey whether they actually visited Electronics or not. SO basically if the Guest comes in and for instance goes only to the Pharmacy and receive "bad" service, they ultimately can score all 5 survey questions bad.

Good to know! And this is why I always highlight every survey of every guest that I provide service to.

Although I have to say, that really isn't fair. If somebody has a bad experience in lets say Market/Pfresh, they could in turn end up giving electronics a bad score without even coming back here? Makes no sense, as the "Service in Electronics is Fast" is the only score the execs focus on. Our regular Electronics score can be super green but if the Service score dips down into yellow, the store goes into panic mode. This year we actually started out green, dipped into yellow, then we were RED for one week, and now two weeks ago we finally got back to green.

Although I have to say, that really isn't fair. If somebody has a bad experience in lets say Market/Pfresh, they could in turn end up giving electronics a bad score without even coming back here? Makes no sense, as the "Service in Electronics is Fast" is the only score the execs focus on. Our regular Electronics score can be super green but if the Service score dips down into yellow, the store goes into panic mode. This year we actually started out green, dipped into yellow, then we were RED for one week, and now two weeks ago we finally got back to green.

Wow, the way the surveys work sounds pretty flawed. In fact, I really don't see how we can raise any of the service scores when the stores aren't sufficiently staffed or stocked. We can only provide fast service if we're there in the first place. I know that having ad merchandise in stock depends on Instocks scanning, the backroom backstocking, and the sales floor pushing, but we have no control of whether or not the DC actually sends us merchandise.

I know that having ad merchandise in stock depends on Instocks scanning, the backroom backstocking, and the sales floor pushing, but we have no control of whether or not the DC actually sends us merchandise.

Most of the time, offering up substitutes can help alleviate Ad merch issues. I know what you mean though.

Most of the time, offering up substitutes can help alleviate Ad merch issues. I know what you mean though.

Our guests lack the intellectual capacity to understand how substitutes work. I get to hear about it at the lanes. After all, I'm just a lowly cashier; I don't have the power to make the DC send us that one brand of bread machine just for you. And I don't care that they won't sell you the display model instead.

Could someone please explain to me how to find out what our overall electronics score is? I always see the service score and AAR report but how does one find out the total electronics score? j/w Also does anyone know what's the highest on a scale of say 0 to ? a guest can rate our service? Thanks in advance!

Could someone please explain to me how to find out what our overall electronics score is? I always see the service score and AAR report but how does one find out the total electronics score? j/w Also does anyone know what's the highest on a scale of say 0 to ? a guest can rate our service? Thanks in advance!

When you go into DTK, click on the "Service in Electronics is Fast" link, and it will bring up a new page with a bunch of scores, one of them is the "Electronics Score"

From the DTK page, scroll all the way down to the Guest Survey section. It list all of the Guest Survey questions. There is a link for Service in Electronics is Fast and a Link the Electronics Score. If you click on the Electronics Score link, it will give you a list of categories the guest rate the Electronics department on. Granted these categories aren't calculated in the Service in Electronics is Fast score, but it does give great insight in how your department is doing.
Most of the time at my store, the categories pertaining to How fast a team member approached a guest or a team member was available when needed is high yellow or even green for the Electronics score, but Service in Electronics is Fast survey score is low yellow or red. What kills us is selection of product or product available.
I also believe that the guests score the survey questions on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best.

Thanks for the help guys! I did find it and was able to look it up. I agree, it's a great overall peak at how we're doing in electronics.

Make it a goal to Beat the numbers! Get sales, red cards, help guests, answer call buttons, & attachments!
Glad to help you with a better understanding of scores.

Last edited:
Our store posts these results in colored plastic paper sleeves. It makes it really easy to see how, as a store, we are doing. And how we compare to other stores in our group.

We also post guest comments.

Finally, we also post cashier speed sheets.....these pages tell us how many transactions a person has, what their speed score is, Redcard conversion rate....
We were able to get our scores up by looking at cashiers speeds first and helping them to get faster. Then we looked at our back-up cashier speeds and worked with those TMs to get their numbers better, too. So, in the end our "check out is fast" does much better and our overall store speed score improved, too.

Our store posts these results in colored plastic paper sleeves. It makes it really easy to see how, as a store, we are doing. And how we compare to other stores in our group.

We also post guest comments.

Finally, we also post cashier speed sheets.....these pages tell us how many transactions a person has, what their speed score is, Redcard conversion rate....
We were able to get our scores up by looking at cashiers speeds first and helping them to get faster. Then we looked at our back-up cashier speeds and worked with those TMs to get their numbers better, too. So, in the end our "check out is fast" does much better and our overall store speed score improved, too.

Our store posts these too........except the guest comments haven't been updated since July and the cashier speed scores were last posted last spring.

our store doesn't do the cashier speed very often.... the back up cashier speeds tend to be higher lol
We have the colored folders too, it helps since the E's will on sprees every once in a while and hit us randomly with pop quizzes about our scores, how many days safe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back