Archived SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you think one should take to complete a batch, say 25-30 items on average for new TMs and those who have done it for years? What is your store volume?

An hour and 15 min is always the max for new people that don't know the store or full carts of nothing but softlines. Rule of thumb is 30 min or less to finish the backroom and max of 4 min per softlines item. Depends on the size of your store basically the time is the time for you to walk to softlines 1-2 min looking so for most stores it's 3-5 min per softlines item. Hardlines is 1-3 min per item looking.

Seasoned people can realistically do carts in 32-45 min if everything is somewhat located. But each INF that gets looked for is basically an extra back and forth from the backroom.

It's 4 min from one side of the store to the other, 2 min to softlines, 2.5 min to HBA. We're enhanced so usually it's 20-25 items in the backroom. I also have them update the sales floor quantity or audit the location depending on the TM if their is no product.

Last edited:
I'd say I take around an hour per batch if its in the 30s and there's a mix of both the backrooms (yeah we have two backrooms one on each side of the store) and softlines in there. Some batches are only one backroom and no softlines, those take around 45ish mins.

I expect TMs to take 30-40 minutes a batch after picking for a few weeks. Sometimes closer to 50 IF it's the kind of week where like the fourth location dumps you in softlines. I take about 25-30 a batch, but I don't expect that from others. Most of our newbies take about 1.5 hours the first week, cuz they don't know where anything is, especially in SL, or where to look for items coming off the truck, etc. and we simply don't have the resources to shadow them for full batches.

And add time if your backrooms are a shit show, I frequently have to move 10-20 carts, flats, z-racks, tubs to get to an aisle in the back clear enough for me to get to the location and actually pull it. Then put all that shit back, repeat all day..

We are right around that 45-60 a batch with our shit show.. In fact I don't even know how fast I really can pull a batch since we haven't had a clean back room since before last 4th quarter..

I’d say normally 30-45 minutes per batch. But I will pause my batch often to get an OPU or help guests on the sales floor when there is no sales floor help. No ETL has ever asked why I finish a batch 1-2 hours after starting it because of the pausing I guess. I figure if I am not truly working on the batch, then I am justified in pausing it.

Over an hour per batch? That's ridiculous. If you cant pick a batch within 30-40 minutes you should just be packing instead. I usually get mine done within 25-30.

Over an hour per batch? That's ridiculous. If you cant pick a batch within 30-40 minutes you should just be packing instead. I usually get mine done within 25-30.
It’s not ridiculous if 90% of your batch is on the sales floor, and no one is working the sales floor. When you’re the only red shirt out there, it’s not unusual to get stopped 5-10-15 times per batch.

How many square feet is your store? In some stores it's over 0.3 miles to get between their backrooms. Some have elevators that at a minimum will eat up 2 min. Some are in malls where traffic is always high in certain sections. And some have horrible backrooms. ASANTS.

Good for you. How do I pick an item from bulk when the back of the line is literally block with pallets even until I leave?
Get on the wave and slowly nudge stuff out of the way until you hit something and it falls over on the pressure pad in the back, cutting the power. Then you just chill for a bit until someone comes along and moves it for you.

Lol. Good one. Wait, you're not kidding? I spent 20 minutes today looking for some opalhouse pillows today that we received in May. "Don't INF it. That's lost sales." After 20 minutes, I said screw it.

If they don't want me to INF something I can't find, for sure I can't for something that I can see over yonder mountains of backstock.

But I can't even move the pallets because the breakout is right behind them. Oh well, pause batch works.

Lol. Good one. Wait, you're not kidding? I spent 20 minutes today looking for some opalhouse pillows today that we received in May. "Don't INF it. That's lost sales." After 20 minutes, I said screw it.

If they don't want me to INF something I can't find, for sure I can't for something that I can see over yonder mountains of backstock.

But I can't even move the pallets because the breakout is right behind them. Oh well, pause batch works.

Stuff in bulk you can't reach? Signing room and some blank paper, print a location label, see if its on the floor scan your location label, pull from floor. Stow back to the backroom location. Doesn't always work, but it can help. My backroom is such a shit show, there are no extra carts to start so pause isn't an option for me. On normal days I pick two batches, then pack them just so I can have the cart to pick batches into, since there are none. I am lucky I have one to use.

I do that cheat for almost all shippers, cause I hate pulling a shipper for one fucking sponge!!!!! Sometimes you have to drop the shipper but if I can pull it from the floor, yeah I am doing that.

I do that cheat for almost all shippers, cause I hate pulling a shipper for one fucking sponge!!!!! Sometimes you have to drop the shipper but if I can pull it from the floor, yeah I am doing that.
And if it’s like my old store, it will always send you to shippers that have been backstocked for 6+ months that nobody has any intention of setting it or breaking it down and pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back