Archived SFTL Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I just went through the whole interview process and had my final interview this morning with the District Team Lead for the Sales Floor Team Leader position. I had a good feeling that the District Team Leader really liked me, and was told I'd be called in a few days. I was just called 8 hours after the interview, and was told by the ETL-HR that she had an offer for me and I'm going in tomorrow to hear that and continue the process.

My question is, what does the job of Sales Floor Team Leader entail? Looking for specifics that would help me hit the ground running, and what is going to be expected of me. I've worked in supervisory roles in Supermarkets and a Starbucks, as well as small businesses, so this is going to my first time working a such a role in a big retail chain.

Thanks! And please any advice related to the position or working for the company would be very much appreciated.

Are you external hire? You may be running the floor & front end by yourself with very limited staff. your best shot is to back into Starbucks, more opps there than at spot.

Yes I am an external hire, applied through website and then got called and went through the process.

I would have done that but my Starbucks was one licensed through a mall company. I know a few people who work AP for the Target I applied for, and was told it was a cool store to work for.

I'm used to running stores/teams with under-trained and limited staff. So not too worried about that

In general, you job will be to lead your team to ensure that the sales floor is full and impactful, in stock, fresh (in the case of grocery) for our guests, and to lead your team to drive exceptional guest service in all areas throughout the store. What tasks you are actually responsible for is something that your Executive Team Leader - Sales Floor should let you know about. Some stores are very adamant that their leaders lead while other stores only have TLs working most days so they have no one to lead. Target is heading towards Team Leaders being much more of a supervisory role versus task oriented, but you will still be filling shelves, changing endcap displays, running a register, putting up returns, helping guests, and zoning departments throughout the day. You might also write the schedule. Each store is different in what they expect of their Team Leaders. Sales Floor Team Leaders usually have specific departments they are responsible for, but some stores have them all work as a team to accomplish everything. You'll have to ask your ETL what they expect of you to know for sure.

In general, you job will be to lead your team to ensure that the sales floor is full and impactful, in stock, fresh (in the case of grocery) for our guests, and to lead your team to drive exceptional guest service in all areas throughout the store. What tasks you are actually responsible for is something that your Executive Team Leader - Sales Floor should let you know about. Some stores are very adamant that their leaders lead while other stores only have TLs working most days so they have no one to lead. Target is heading towards Team Leaders being much more of a supervisory role versus task oriented, but you will still be filling shelves, changing endcap displays, running a register, putting up returns, helping guests, and zoning departments throughout the day. You might also write the schedule. Each store is different in what they expect of their Team Leaders. Sales Floor Team Leaders usually have specific departments they are responsible for, but some stores have them all work as a team to accomplish everything. You'll have to ask your ETL what they expect of you to know for sure.

Thanks, this is really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back