Archived Ship From Store: aka "Lazy Shopping 101 @ Spot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're at 475-500. Depends on the order size. Some orders have been 8-10 items or more. Others one item. Order size is the larger factor. Size of the items too. 40 pound bag of dog food... you have to make your own box out of the ones yo have so the product will fit. Pain in the arse.

Just gotta find a system that works for you. I usually sort my collates by size starting with 126 recommended softlines. Then I basically assembly line pack them. (line up all the softlines collates then pull them and stage then finally pack) Then I move up to the larger and more obnoxious crap. Make sure you keep that hour's collates together though so nothing is late. Also I make sure to use other options instead of pack container/stage container to make things faster. (In other options, hit 1 for pack container, pack the thing obviously, then hit x to return to the menu then press 2 to swap to stage container without waiting like 10 seconds)

The easy answer as to how we handle that many orders is: we don't. lol~ We're so far behind atm we'd have to do 1500 to catch up. Basically you have to come clean or as close to clean everyday or else you run the risk of getting drowned in the next day's orders and that is way too easy to do if you get call outs, pda problems, etc.

Lots of work! Well, my store was just large enough for the remodel for fresh. I'm hoping that we're too small to do the SFS.

As far as I know, only one store in my district does SFS, and it's the lowest volume.

WTF you guys get more than 200? In our store 2 TMs come in at 6am, packer at 8am. It takes us 8hrs to finish 150-160, mainly because they grabbed one of the pickers to help in the backroom. If only one TM comes in at 6am, then we're backed up.

We're a B volume store so maybe it stays around 160ish per day

WTF you guys get more than 200? In our store 2 TMs come in at 6am, packer at 8am. It takes us 8hrs to finish 150-160, mainly because they grabbed one of the pickers to help in the backroom. If only one TM comes in at 6am, then we're backed up.

We're a B volume store so maybe it stays around 160ish per day
That's pretty much how my store is (6am picker, 8am packer, 4pm picker/packer, sometimes a mid-day picker)...to do any more would require a closing packer shift or even a second packing station, and of course more pickers.

I guess it sort of makes sense that the order cap is based on store volume, but really they could give tons of orders to slower stores if they wanted to. More orders = more sales = more payroll and bigger trucks, plus more stuff would auto-backstock off the truck and make it much easier to pick.

I love services like this :) I mean. You can have heavy or bulky stuff, delivered right to your door (like water bottles, paper towels and the like) instead of lugging it up flights of stairs at your apartment complex. Throw in the Free Shipping, and I ask myself why even bother going to the grocery store for stuff like that.

I'm with Dan on this one. Having automatic shipments of household supplies, straight to your door, is pretty convenient. Throw in the coupons and promotions and you come out ahead ordering stuff on Amazon, than versus shopping at Walmart.

Yeah. We are moving toward a lazier, instant gratification generation. I'll admit that. But the Convenience? Wait, what were we talking about again? ;)

Has anyone heard when/if guests can start buying groceries on target.com? My BRTL mentioned during training that it would happen soon but that was months ago and I haven't heard anything since.

Has anyone heard when/if guests can start buying groceries on target.com? My BRTL mentioned during training that it would happen soon but that was months ago and I haven't heard anything since.

Last I heard this was going to be for store pick up only, not Ship From Store, and for dry grocery only.

They're gonna be allowing certain dpci's of valentines chocolates for ship from store. Perishables (dry market) may come later depending on how the valentines day test goes. I did not enjoy finding this out. lol :<

They're gonna be allowing certain dpci's of valentines chocolates for ship from store. Perishables (dry market) may come later depending on how the valentines day test goes. I did not enjoy finding this out. lol :<

WOAH THERE.

There is a big difference between what I'm thinking of perishable and dry market.

When you say perishable does that mean Pfresh?

From what I read, it wasn't specific at all so it's completely possible. I remember when laundry detergent and crap was on the no ship list. Now we have to ship it all the time...

We will not ship refrigerated/perishable items. That would require more packing materials, dry ice or freezer packs. Space is already limited.

Some TMs are pretty careless already when it comes to packing non-food items...I can't even imagine the headaches it would cause if we were to start shipping perishables.

I have found staged boxes with stuff freely shaking around and 310 poly mailer bags with what felt like cosmetics/hba or even CDs inside.

What sucks is when we ran out of a particular box. Receiver ordered two pallets of 280 boxes but never came. We ran out 2 days ago so we've been using the 278.

A lot of airbags wasted. So much time wasted too.

How long does it take you guys do the picks? I normally do 16 picks and takes me 45-60 minutes because most of the time it gives me 30DPCIs

What sucks is when we ran out of a particular box. Receiver ordered two pallets of 280 boxes but never came. We ran out 2 days ago so we've been using the 278.

A lot of airbags wasted. So much time wasted too.
We're going to run out of 280s any day now because apparently we went through 2 pallets in a week and nobody noticed. I'm still convinced there's a pallet hiding somewhere in the bulk steel...

How long does it take you guys do the picks? I normally do 16 picks and takes me 45-60 minutes because most of the time it gives me 30DPCIs
Yeah that's about how fast we do it, except for one guy who's been doing 20-22. Although he might be hitting not found a lot since our "fill it" score recently dropped below 80.

Anybody else get the updated myFA app?

Finally, NOP items are treated the same as those with locations! I can skip them as needed to keep going in a logical direction around the store (instead of jumping all over the place), and item not found now pulls those items up at the end...So I can properly check and see if it's hanging in the back when I'm finished picking.

And then there's the new order type acronyms for no apparent reason...

The whole FA thing is more of a pain in the rear than it's worth. It's absolutely ridiculous that we're wasting our time pulling a $1 bottle of shampoo for some idiot too lazy to walk into the store to find it.

But hey, lets waste payroll on stupid things like this. It's not like we should be using any of that 2 billion in the bank to benefit the team doing the real work, right?

We're getting this soon and they're looking for volunteers. Thoughts from people who do this?

Your feet will hurt a lot, especially if you're doing it 5 days a week.

Monitor every TM. Who's the fastest in picking (knows every section, especially soft lines) and who's the fastest in packing. be smart and put them where they're good at

We're getting this soon and they're looking for volunteers. Thoughts from people who do this?
Definitely volunteer for it! It can be a pretty fun experience, and the first people to do it will get the best training and explanations.

Picking does involve a lot of walking, but probably not as much as salesfloor TMs. Packing can get repetitive but you can stand in one area in the back all day and listen to music. Packing is a bonus if you are OCD.

A tip I would give you if you go for it: Get the trainer to show you in-depth how to use Manhattan (the order tracking system on the computer).

I've worked in flex for 6 months and I wish I had been doing it the past year and a half I was at my store. I would definitely volunteer for it if they're opening it up in your store.
Picking will definitely make your feet hurt since you're basically walking around the store all day but usually I end up doing half and half most days. Picking most of the morning and packing in the afternoon to clear out our today orders by 430.
I would get a few people from softlines to volunteer since new team members and even some older team members probably won't know it well and give up looking for an item if it's not where it says it is, and forget about non located softlines. Team members who have worked in softines before can train them on how adjacency is done and where items might be if not on the floor (fitting room, reshop, secondary locations).
When shipping chemicals we've started bagging, zip tying, and sometimes bubble wrapping to ensure no leaks or breaks while loading it on the truck. Hopefully it's still that way when it arrives at its destination.

Also, my store gets around 1,000 orders a day and we've been separating the orders due for today by putting clips on them. Ever since Manhattan updated, we haven't been able to see if we're even for the day so we've just been trying to clear out all the today carts.
It's definitely easier to separate the collates when you have a big pile by cart and putting them in that cart. I like to separate mine by child so I do the top first, then middle, and then the heavy stuff on the bottom.

Also, my store gets around 1,000 orders a day and we've been separating the orders due for today by putting clips on them. Ever since Manhattan updated, we haven't been able to see if we're even for the day so we've just been trying to clear out all the today carts.
It's definitely easier to separate the collates when you have a big pile by cart and putting them in that cart. I like to separate mine by child so I do the top first, then middle, and then the heavy stuff on the bottom.

We separate ours and put them in their respective carts also. It's so much better than having 300 collates sitting in the printers or off to the side lol. Also, how well do you guys know Manhattan? I never pay attention to most of the stuff on the dashboard because its wrong. What I usually do to make sure today's orders are done is go to OLPN and bring up all the list of all the printed collates then check to see which carts if any are still left before the time stamp of 4:30 our time. The fun part is also looking at that information to see who packed stuff wrong too (like why is there still a collate from AB not packed but the cart is empty?) >:| We also don't drop tomorrow's orders until today's are done to avoid the confusion altogether.

I know how to view the dashboard and how to reprint a collate but that's about it. Another TM knows it a lot better and he can pull up things like how many INFs each TM has (found out one dude had over 100 in one day...our cap was 150 orders at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back