Archived ship from store/front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tasked with finding a way to make the area behind guest service more organized during the upcoming "busy season". I work in SFS and our guest service area was jammed last year with all the online orders. I was wondering what other stores do to keep this area organized. We are not a super T and space is very limited. We currently are using plastic drawers for items that will fit in them and with larger items we just bag and place them on the floor behind guest services. Furniture and over sized items are on flats and placed in unused check out lanes. I've been told to put up some wire racks and label them and what not. But I'm really looking for other ideas that might work better. TIA

uboats with wacos or tubs that have a shelf with wacos could also work

look into using ETL offices for hold locations if your store layout permits it

We built a couple gondolas up front at GS in a brand manner

My store has some of the gondola shelf bars mounted to the wall in the FA closet (same ones that we have in the fixture room to store shelves) so we can change how many shelves are up/the depth when we need to. We got to basically build our dream FA closet in our remodel so it's pretty clutch.

that's actually a super cool idea and I wish we had the space for it with our layout but we don't :(
They were built two years ago to accommodate Q4 then never went away and we’ve needed them since then.

I've been tasked with finding a way to make the area behind guest service more organized during the upcoming "busy season". I work in SFS and our guest service area was jammed last year with all the online orders. I was wondering what other stores do to keep this area organized. We are not a super T and space is very limited. We currently are using plastic drawers for items that will fit in them and with larger items we just bag and place them on the floor behind guest services. Furniture and over sized items are on flats and placed in unused check out lanes. I've been told to put up some wire racks and label them and what not. But I'm really looking for other ideas that might work better. TIA
Mobile carts during q4

Why confusion?
Our backroom team does t exactly put the guest first when it comes to OPU. They’re more focused on the task at hand and their metrics than the guest in front of them. I can’t blame them but at the same time it’s not fair to the guest when the whole experience is supposed to be super quick and painless.

Our backroom team does t exactly put the guest first when it comes to OPU. They’re more focused on the task at hand and their metrics than the guest in front of them. I can’t blame them but at the same time it’s not fair to the guest when the whole experience is supposed to be super quick and painless.
I’m confused . Metrics or not they still have to do the whole process of picking and putting in location.

I’m confused . Metrics or not they still have to do the whole process of picking and putting in location.
Right but mobile carts are typically floating somewhere in the backroom so for example in my store, a guest comes in there’s item is in MCA01 so I now have to call a backroom TM that has to stop what they’re doing to go and get said item to bring up front. In a perfect world that’s not a huge deal but if the TM is in the middle of a flex order or making a bail or on the wave the guest now has to wait longer than they should for that TM to stop and go get their item.

We use the old portrait studio and the PMT ordered shelving and built it in there. 68+ new locations because of it. So we have behind the service desk and the old portrait studio.

We use the old portrait studio and the PMT ordered shelving and built it in there. 68+ new locations because of it. So we have behind the service desk and the old portrait studio.
Our store was built before they implemented those into stores :/

Right but mobile carts are typically floating somewhere in the backroom so for example in my store, a guest comes in there’s item is in MCA01 so I now have to call a backroom TM that has to stop what they’re doing to go and get said item to bring up front. In a perfect world that’s not a huge deal but if the TM is in the middle of a flex order or making a bail or on the wave the guest now has to wait longer than they should for that TM to stop and go get their item.
My MC always been at the service desk

We kept flexible fulfillment items on a metal shelf behind guest service, and in a cabinet in the supply closet. The cabinet had doors that closed and locked with the GSTL keys so we could lock up high-value items. It wasn't a proper cabinet perse, but it was one the PMT made out of particle board, and it functioned well enough.

I'd second metro racks. You can label them and squish them together so you just pull out the 4 foot section you need. It's basically a not as advanced version of what they do in the backroom of the flexible format stores.

My MC always been at the service desk
MCs are mobile carts and are typically multiple mobile carts floating in the backroom. If you have room for a tub at GS then why wouldn’t you just build something more permanent?

MCs are mobile carts and are typically multiple mobile carts floating in the backroom. If you have room for a tub at GS then why wouldn’t you just build something more permanent?
Don’t get me wrong . Guest service has a flexible fulfillment room at guest service. The only time we add MC is for Black Friday .

Your GE should be going to 2 or 3 similar volume level stores in your area, comparing, and working with you to implement a plan.. but GE’s always do the bare minimum.

Looking into 2019, many of the smaller stores are now approaching their slated groups of remodels. As you are well aware many of the front-end remodels have SPU replacing Food Ave, Kodak (the few remaining stores that still have it) or altogether a front-end revision that incorporates it.

This is an example of how hold locations are designated purely up front (this one in particular had about 1500 hold locations in total and took advantage of 6" wacos with 3-cell dividers that had individual locations for smaller single items in 2 of their aisles alone.) Again, each store may end up with a unique floorplan to suit their needs.

tt5NY5u.jpg

That is beautiful. Our TSC has become a disaster area. The nook that used to be where we hung coats when I started is now Starbucks storage and has shelves around teh perimeter, but is so packed that there's a flatbed stacked a good 6 feet tall with even more boxes. The area that used to have our lockers and then later some salvaged chairs and a couch is now "large item hold", where it looks like things are just kind of wedged in. We have 2 Metros in the service desk area with Sterilite bins holding OPU bags, and those are packed to the gills and such a mess that I spent a full 20 minutes last night trying to find an online order for a guest.

We're doomed come Q4.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back