Archived Ship from Store TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see PPTL, end being SFSPTL (Drop Pricing, which is split into departments), (Add SFS, which makes sense, unless it really takes off year around).
Wait how does that make sense?

And online sales have been comping up in the 30% range every quarter for the past few years, so it's constantly getting busier.

Is this a new thing this year? I ran SFS last 4 qtr working 50-60 hours... I haven't heard anything this year about another TL being assigned for it.

Wait how does that make sense?

And online sales have been comping up in the 30% range every quarter for the past few years, so it's constantly getting busier.

And if Target gets their way, there will be no Plano Team (Still don't see this happening), Meanwhile, that will leave a TL free to take over SFS, one that has dealt with it for years, by then.

And if Target gets their way, there will be no Plano Team (Still don't see this happening), Meanwhile, that will leave a TL free to take over SFS, one that has dealt with it for years, by then.
Yeah but you said it makes sense for the PTL to take on SFS as well, unless it takes off all year.

The PPTL at my store doesn't deal with pricing at all right now and is constantly drowning in pog stuff. I don't see how they could also take on SFS and the possibility that they could need to drop everything and help pick or pack for a few hours on any given day.

SFS could be lead with a "hands off" approach. If it is helmed by also the PTL, they already know where the problems would lie with SFS, as they know and study the adjacency more than any other TL easily in the store, and are often most the first to find problems in certain areas (if they are good). Also having In-Depth knowledge of the entirety of the Sales Floor, since they deal with it on a day to day basis, at a much more intimate level than your regular TL. I still don't think it is a bad match.

Keep in mind, this would roll out as PTL's are slowly a thing of the past (LOL!), while SFS grows.

Our store got a SFS TL a few months ago. We have a high volume SFS department, though. It’s really an unnecessary position. She’s way too micromanaging for my taste, but I rarely do SFS these days. I think she just tries to have something to do, because it’s not like we have 10 people in SFS every day. It leads to her constantly harassing you about flexes (flexible fulfillments) and updates on batches. Annoying.

They decided just give it to someone new, not add it to someone’s plate.

Well they just announced they are making two SFS TLs this year instead of TL and ETL....... so Idk where the hours are coming from.... I think I am one and Idk who the other one is just hope they know something about SFS x_x.... don't have time to train a TL

Well they just announced they are making two SFS TLs this year instead of TL and ETL....... so Idk where the hours are coming from.... I think I am one and Idk who the other one is just hope they know something about SFS x_x.... don't have time to train a TL
So is it going to be a temporary promotion then? I'm hearing something similar at my store (obviously fewer orders so just one TL), but my ETL is being incredibly vague about it right now.

So is it going to be a temporary promotion then? I'm hearing something similar at my store (obviously fewer orders so just one TL), but my ETL is being incredibly vague about it right now.
Honestly I think it's going to be more like a GSA position than an actual TL... run it like a TL but no pay increase.....suppose to be preparing to take a permanent TL position in January....

I wonder how the raise delay will factor into tms who serve in that capacity.

View attachment 3995
As long as there's back pay for those first three weeks, it sounds good to me.

Honestly I think it's going to be more like a GSA position than an actual TL... run it like a TL but no pay increase.....suppose to be preparing to take a permanent TL position in January....
That sounds weak tbh. Run it like a TL for free during peak season and then get a promotion when orders die down?

As long as there's back pay for those first three weeks, it sounds good to me.

That sounds weak tbh. Run it like a TL for free during peak season and then get a promotion when orders die down?
That sounds exactly how Spot gets there TL's if we are being honest. Have said tm do TL duties minus the coaching tm's, sending emails part.:rolleyes:

I laughed when I saw that. The only weeks I could see needing less than 40 hours is the last two weeks of December. It dies down drastically the week leading up to Christmas. But all of December it's busy and you need someone to stay on top of supplies, packing mistakes, and fulfillment scores. The beginning of November is usually busy with trim-a-tree sales.

We looked at our forecast and for cyber Monday alone, it's 80 hours.
Those are the projected TL hours. Not hours for the entire workcenter.

I wish I can pull up my hours last year's but I'm sure it was 50-60 from November 26- December 24
Yeah I did a solid 50+ from Thanksgiving week through the end of December. The ETL who was technically in charge did a bit more because they worked almost every day.

You can still pull up your pay stub from that week.

Last edited:
So found out today.. there are going to be 3 SFS TLs.... also found out that they are getting rid of the have everything picked by 1pm and and packed by 4..... Idk if that is true going to talk to my ETL to figure everything out

So found out today.. there are going to be 3 SFS TLs.... also found out that they are getting rid of the have everything picked by 1pm and and packed by 4..... Idk if that is true going to talk to my ETL to figure everything out
Seems like a solid way for stuff to not make it to the guests in two days

Haven't heard of them getting rid of 1pm and 4pm.. Did hear that batches will drop every 4 hours but only if your pick and pack is low... So we won't be scanning everything and then packing cause then system will think we're good and drop another 200 orders.

Seems like a solid way for stuff to not make it to the guests in two days
The pick deadline was going to be impossible anyway. Orders can drop as late as 1pm and need to be picked by 2pm. But I agree it seems odd to be moving away from a method that could help ensure 2-day delivery (which Walmart and Amazon have).

At my store they giving one of our pricing TMs this job on temp basis. Were going to give to his TL, but seems like POG has been fairly steady throughout Q4.

seems like POG has been fairly steady throughout Q4.
What else is there after the first week of November? Before SFS, pog used to become the toy team (at least at my store) and just pushed toys every day since there's nothing really setting Nov-Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back