Archived Short shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if any 1 lately is getting more than 5 hr shift . I haven’t had a lunch break in weeks .

5 hours here too. Unless I go around to my TLs "volunteering" to work extra hours if they need someone, I'd never get more than 5 hours a day.

Par for the course. Shorter shifts give the store more flexibility since they can extend you if needed but arent stuck with needing to cut hours.

We give everyone regular length shifts except our cashiers for the most part. They usually are getting 4-6 hour shifts this time of year then we extend them as needed.

I was wondering if any 1 lately is getting more than 5 hr shift . I haven’t had a lunch break in weeks .
The only time that I have shifts longer than five hours is during the weekend. I can only work up to five hours during the week, so there's that. It feels weird to have a lunch break now, though.

I've got a 5.75 here (6 hr. state). That's an awfully long time to be face to face with an endless stream of guests on the short staffed lanes. Saturday is gonna be a long day with everyone rounding up their Super Bowl snacks. But it's hours.

Service desk department, self-checkout and leadership positions are the only 8 hours shifts at my store.

What about the signing tm? What about the person who sets new releases? Pricing tm's? All those people get 8 hour shifts at my store. They may not get 40 hours.

Last edited:
I’ve been getting three 8/8.5 hour shifts a week, but maximum hours are also set at 25, so even if they had more hours I wouldn’t be getting more. I’m in Hardlines.

What about the signing tm? What about the person who sets new releases? Pricing tm's? All those people get 8 hour shifts at my store. They may not get 40 hours.
I do new releases across two four-hour shifts. Sometimes they'll just schedule me a normal eight hour opening shift for electronics for one/both days, though.

I have been getting in between but that is normal you get hours during the week with short shifts all spread out or they make it half and half or like 3 days short shifts 1 day long shift. I think it depends who makes the schedule.

Nope dont expect a real shift until late april tbh. The funny part is they keep asking the unreliable tms to extend knowing they wont and when we reliable ones ask they dont have the hours. Its all fun and games until we have a walk :/
Yeah, but no one walks, hence, long term.

Easter is April 1st this year, so maybe hours will pick-up in mid-March.

I get my 40, or closest after the pptl. Pricing is second to my hours, we have one left - not sure about the style pricing tm. Tnt person is in end to end and thus gets his 40 as well.

Next week I've got fucked on signing hours, only one 8hr shift. So I've got pricing and pog hours to fill my week.

That was common for me. 5hr to 5.75. Or even schedule exactly 6hrs but was told to clock out at least 5-10 minutes early.

I've got a 5.75 here (6 hr. state). That's an awfully long time to be face to face with an endless stream of guests on the short staffed lanes.

My STL specifically tells us to schedule these shifts for TMs where possible because "they're the most productive". Drives me kinda nuts because even if that was true, it isn't worth pissing off the team IMO.

My STL specifically tells us to schedule these shifts for TMs where possible because "they're the most productive". Drives me kinda nuts because even if that was true, it isn't worth pissing off the team IMO.

Hardly....at least in my case. I'm tired: I scan and bag more slowly, it's an effort to engage with the guest other than the obligatory, "Hi, how are you", and forget Bob & Lisa. I absolutely hate these shifts, but if I put it on the swap board, I lose over half my hours for the week...sigh.

I get my 40, or closest after the pptl. Pricing is second to my hours, we have one left - not sure about the style pricing tm. Tnt person is in end to end and thus gets his 40 as well.

Next week I've got fucked on signing hours, only one 8hr shift. So I've got pricing and pog hours to fill my week.

I usually get 40. If not all in signing, then a combination of signing and POG. I do most of the non entertainment revisions also.

Getting mostly 40 hour weeks is, in my mind, a reward for leading the team when pptl is off. My ETL doesn't even have to think about it. When there are issues with POG or pricing and he, the pptl, is off, I take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back