Archived Sick hours catch-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You currently have 294 hours of paid vacation?????
Yes I know its alot I can't use it all each year I've been employed a very long time. My sick is also up there 260 plus. Payout plus 80 reg..I'll never use it.. Plus personal. Now the 4 hour medical they give us..

Use it before you lose it. That's a whole lot of money to lose. Spot takes weird twists. Take them up on the vacation you're owed! Take one day a week or something even. As long as you do planning and everything you'd be fine. the team will manage.

Yup. At 300 you stop accruing. We used to be able to cash out vacation.

Spot takes weird twists.
Preach.
You earn vay-cay, personal holidays & - in some states - sick leave.
The twist is that you can seldom use it &, if you leave Target, it doesn't get paid out to you - unless you're in a state that mandates payout by law.

My state is the 'state of denial' so no mandated payout nor sick leave.

I've openly asked if I can call in on short (low to no workload days). Use my Sick Time, then come in another day where the workload is huge.

They laughed and said, no, the monsters.

Having so many sick hours...and then getting sick on your day off, is the worst thing ever to happen. Lol.

This is my life... Is there a max sick hours.. I looked online but it didn't say like it does for PH and vacation... Just saw I'm maxed on vacation so got to use some hours next week.

It's deemed fraud if you call out sick and are not in fact sick in my store. You always have that one tm the brags about using sick time to go to beach!

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone else was just as perplexed as me when it comes to sick time. So apparently in order to use your sick time you must call out, yet as a TL or above you're encouraged not to call out due to it throwing the store out of wack if you do so.

If they don't want you to call out, but that's the only way to use your sick hours it's a catch-22. I've thought about this briefly before but now I'm thinking about it even more. Reason why is I don't call out, but recently I happened to pay attention to how much sick hours I have...well over 50 hours!

What are your thoughts on this?
My stl asked me to call out and use my sick hours when we didn’t make payroll.

This is my life... Is there a max sick hours.. I looked online but it didn't say like it does for PH and vacation... Just saw I'm maxed on vacation so got to use some hours next week.
I believe that sick hours stops at 80.

Looks like it’s 80 except in Connecticut, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C.

They never ask me why I’m calling out and I never say why. On the sick hour form, I’m usually vague. I either write mental health, or sick and keep it moving. I might call out Tuesday... heat exhaustion? Not unbelievable considering it’ll be 97° and humid and most people know I walk because I have yet to buy a car. I’ve been walking into work with trouble breathing already anyway. The air is sorta hot and heavy... it’s difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back