Benefits Sick Time?

lokinix

Tech After Dark
Howdy - I was wondering why the system (well my paystub) would show me of accruing sick time, for my first check during this round of working at Target? In reading the policies, it says it should be after 6 months and then is based on hours.

It also shows Emergency Time Off, but I believe that is the required COVID paid sick time that my state requires.

Last edited:
Howdy - I was wondering why the system (well my paystub) would show me of accruing sick time, for my first check during this round of working at Target? In reading the policies, it says it should be after 6 months and then is based on hours.

It also shows Emergency Time Off, but I believe that is the required COVID paid sick time that NYS requires.
You have to tested positive. Ask your hr first. You need to stay after 90 days to get sick leave, exception for covid.

While target policy may have one requirement for accrual, certain states may have other laws that could override Target's general policy. Ask you HR if the sick accrual is correct and enjoy if you live in a state that gets additional benefits.

You have to tested positive. Ask your hr first. You need to stay after 90 days to get sick leave, exception for covid.
Gotcha, I thought it is weird for accruals to show if it's been less 90 days. This is separate from the emergency one, my paystub lists two entries.

While target policy may have one requirement for accrual, certain states may have other laws that could override Target's general policy. Ask you HR if the sick accrual is correct and enjoy if you live in a state that gets additional benefits.
I have not asked yet, because I don't want to deal with it being an issue. One of my friends who works in HR in another store thinks it may be because I worked for spot in the past, but that was less then 90 days then as well.

They said, they don't know why it is happening, unless I am in some legacy category from 15 years ago, even though they couldn't find my profile, it is throwing transfer all over my stuff.

Back