Archived Signed up for a shift tomorrow and it still isn't approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
on friday i took someone's christmas eve shift for them since i don't do anything on christmas eve anyways. at the time the girl i took the shift for was showing up for work but now she's stopped showing up (ncns-seasonal hire). should i call tomorrow and see if they want me to come in? i feel responsible for the shift since i signed up but it still hasn't been approved and i don't want it to effect me when she doesn't show up and i don't wanna be called in either. what should i do. to tell you the truth i don't want to work that bad but i just don't want to look bad. it's a cashier shift so i think they will need someone to fill the shift even though it's only 5 hours.

Last edited:
If you show up, I'm sure they'll put you to work. Even if you're not approved yet to cover that shift, there will most likely be plenty of other call outs or projects for you to do.

If you don't show up because the shift wasn't approved, ASANTS. They most likely will begrudgingly accept your excuse, but they might also resent what they perceive as laziness due to the holiday etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back