Archived Silly Questions, I'm sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. If I order something online at Target.com and have it shipped to store, does my store get the sale? But if I ship it to my home, Target at large gets the sale?

2. As a cashier/GS TM, I'm not super familiar with how the store actually runs. I have a general idea on most of it except...what is Instocks?

Thanks!

1. Almost positive that's correct.

2. Instocks scans for "outs" around the store (product not on the shelves) and then, at my store at least, has to pull it out of the backroom and push it to the proper location.

I don't believe they get the sale if it's target.com store. Unless you pay for it when you pick it up or also possibility is SFS to your house?

STS sales goes to Target.com, SFS goes to the individual store. Ship to store only goes to the store if the order is cancelled and the item goes to the sales floor in clearance as an online item.

STS, the order is always already paid for ahead of time.

Instocks is the system for correcting the counts on the floor. In a perfect world everything would be where it should be but because of people incorrectly pushing stuff, theft etc.

What the computer thinks is on the shelf isn't always actually there. Instocks is a means of auditing these numbers and capacities to make the shelves are full and accurate. Its a shame we don't give it more hours.

But when I process online orders at GS, there is also an option to either process payment or cancel and ring in POS at the store. In that case, my store would get the sale?

I believe Ship to Store and to their Home is Target.com sales. Ship-From-Store and Pick up in store go to the store. The POS option you speak of is if you have to adjust the price for some reason, such as damaged product, cheaper in store than online, etc... I could be wrong on all of this but this is what my store leadership tells us.

Instocks is just pretty much making sure the shelves are full and you are updating what the counts are so the system works more efficiently (which is not always the case)

STS sales goes to Target.com, SFS goes to the individual store. Ship to store only goes to the store if the order is cancelled and the item goes to the sales floor in clearance as an online item.

STS, the order is always already paid for ahead of time.

Instocks is the system for correcting the counts on the floor. In a perfect world everything would be where it should be but because of people incorrectly pushing stuff, theft etc.

What the computer thinks is on the shelf isn't always actually there. Instocks is a means of auditing these numbers and capacities to make the shelves are full and accurate. Its a shame we don't give it more hours.
Some of my team leads expect hardlines to pay attention to end caps and do instocks work when we're slow. I voluntarily started doing it when it was slow and my TLs noticed and drafted it to all hardlines openers. Lol Feel bad for the lazy ones but that's their fault for wanting to be lazy in the first place. As far as actual aisles though, thankfully unless we notice something hasn't been stocked ina while due to bad flow flexing or just neglect we have no team lead incentive to do instocks inline.

1. If I order something online at Target.com and have it shipped to store, does my store get the sale? But if I ship it to my home, Target at large gets the sale?
The sales will go to your store basically.
I don't think there's a concrete answer for this.

If a guest lives near the store and places an order for home delivery, we should in theory get the credit for the sale. But what if it ends up being SFS from across the country? The SFS store is also supposed to get the sale.

What if I ship an SFS order to the other store in my town (which they receive as an STS order). The guest lives in the next county, near a third store. Who gets the sale then?

There's metrics on store reports for SFS sales, STS sales, and target.com sales in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back