Archived Smart Sort setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizl

Beauty TM
My store is going through a remodel and now all of the cart #s don't match up to where things go. Is there a way to update it? I've combed and combed workbench and can find references to it but not how to actually do it.

My store is going through a remodel and now all of the cart #s don't match up to where things go. Is there a way to update it? I've combed and combed workbench and can find references to it but not how to actually do it.
Ours just fixed itself by the end of remodel. We never use smart sort anyway unless it’s a new TM. Typically people at GS know where things go.

I don’t understand. Certain types of items go in certain carts. Shouldn’t matter where in the store since all the items, health and beauty for example are gonna be together no matter what. The blocks associated with the numbers may have changed but just make new signs.

Second asking GSTMs. They’ll know where to put stuff

Ours just fixed itself by the end of remodel. We never use smart sort anyway unless it’s a new TM. Typically people at GS know where things go.
I constantly find things in the wrong reshop bins when I'm working them out. Last night I was working on a cart of toys. I had several air fresheners that *could* theoretically have been with automotive but actually sorted to chemicals, dollar spot balls (if they'd looked at the UPC, they'd have seen the big red dollar price block), clothing that was NOT Fanzone merch, Halloween, and craft kits that sort to stationery. And I would have mis-sorted the air fresheners and craft kits incorrectly myself if I didn't use smartsort at GS.

I constantly find things in the wrong reshop bins when I'm working them out. Last night I was working on a cart of toys. I had several air fresheners that *could* theoretically have been with automotive but actually sorted to chemicals, dollar spot balls (if they'd looked at the UPC, they'd have seen the big red dollar price block), clothing that was NOT Fanzone merch, Halloween, and craft kits that sort to stationery. And I would have mis-sorted the air fresheners and craft kits incorrectly myself if I didn't use smartsort at GS.
Each cart should have a label in front of it with the number, block and common items that go in that cart

Y’all don’t just use a zebra and scan something in mywork to find the location of it if you’re unsure which bin it goes in?

please use smart sort or a myDevice unless you're 100% certain that the water bottle you're holding goes in sporting goods and not kitchen or the decorative pumpkin you've got there is stationary and not seasonal (which you're not bc you can't be)

@ my guest services team

We've been using myDevices, and our bins are all labeled. I just miss being able to sort stuff at the computer instead of with a myDevice.

please use smart sort or a myDevice unless you're 100% certain that the water bottle you're holding goes in sporting goods and not kitchen or the decorative pumpkin you've got there is stationary and not seasonal (which you're not bc you can't be)

@ my guest services team
Water bottles are the one thing that get me every time because they have like 50 different locations

Idk the water bottles always seemed obvious to me. Sporty bottles to sporting goods, then the ones that look like a 9-5er has in their cup holder or on their desk to kitchen. Plus the sip ones.

Idk the water bottles always seemed obvious to me. Sporty bottles to sporting goods, then the ones that look like a 9-5er has in their cup holder or on their desk to kitchen. Plus the sip ones.
That’s what I tend to do but sometimes there’s a wild card crossover one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back