Archived Snacks In The Break Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had halloween candy when halloween was around but that was it and for Thanksgiving weekend On Thursday they had Pizza from Little Caesar's Friday they had Pasta and Salad and on Sunday they had Chicken

Around 2010 we had a couple of ETL-HRs (We had three that year, talk about a revolving door) who would order tons of crap multiple times a week. We had over a 100 boxes of Tastykakes in the breakroom one day. We would also have McDonald's dollar menu day for breakfast through dinner; hundreds of McMuffins, hash browns, double cheeseburgers, McChickens, etc. Pizza every week, breakfast cooked for us, catered soul food etc, stuff almost every day. I just wonder where they had the money for all of it.

Now we have cereal once a week, pizza sporadically, peanut butter and jelly and bread, and the occasional soul food throughout the holidays.

Just because a product is QMOS'ed doesn't mean it's inedible and isn't still tasty.

Bleeb DAT! ;)

QMOS'd product should not be put in the break room. If it had to be QMOS'd because it's not ok for guests, then it's not ok for the team either. Break room food should always be requisitioned.

We used to put QMOS in the breakroom if it was just because of the date (because we can still donate it), but I don't believe it's supposed to go into the breakroom according to Target. We stopped doing it a few months ago.

Just because a product is QMOS'ed doesn't mean it's inedible and isn't still tasty.

Bleeb DAT! ;)

QMOS'd product should not be put in the break room. If it had to be QMOS'd because it's not ok for guests, then it's not ok for the team either. Break room food should always be requisitioned.

You do realize the sell by date is both
a) A recommended date for quality. The bakery food does not instantly become unsafe to eat due to some arbitrary date
b) The arbitrary date tends to be set a few dates before the food is meant to expire anyways

We donate all qmos'd food for this reason : if someone wanted more apple fritter or donuts in. the break room they would over stock the bakery table so that we would have to pull more and it would end up in the break room. Apple fritter only has a 2 day shelf life date. So only put 4 out no more.

Definitely chintzed.

Our store had great stock of local chain restaurants, fresh each day and lots of soda and bottled water. Candy, too, and fruit.

We used to have goodies (Chick-fil-a, McD's for the openers) but the county health department put a stop to everything except stuff that doesn't quickly go bad at room temperature.

So this black Friday we had soda and chips :/

That socks!!!!

Black Thursday/Friday they had italian food, and some sort of salad, along with soda. Saturday they had pizza, subs, and soda in the break room.

I asked a walmart employee if they ever had snacks... they said no.

For Thanksgiving/BF we had Jimmie Johns, soda, etc. Our store always has PBJ available, and usually there are other snacks as well. We had a soup and sandwiches day this weekend. All the ETLs are choosing weekends to bring a different type of food in for us.

Wednesday the BF prep team got pizza.
Thursday night got Costco sandwiches.
Overnight got Denny's boxed breakfast.
Friday we had tacos. I think there was plenty of meat for everyone since we made multiple runs to the restaurant.

My store worked hard to feed folks.
There was PB&J in the break room all through December but snacks on a regular basis.
Ice cream sandwiches in the summer time.
Breakfast for the flow team.
Pizza that they had delivered at a staggered rate so everyone got some.
Even bar-b-ques on Memorial day.

Then the budget got cut.
They kept trying but from what I heard it wasn't the same.

We also had a large variety of all-you-can-eat panda express chicken, noodles, and rice. Next day was all you can eat pizza, panda express again. And the final day was all you can eat subway.
Ugggghhhhh I'm so jealous. The closest Panda Express to me is either 2 hours northwest in Sandusky, or 2 hours south in Columbus. :(

We have had whataburger, tropical smoothie, meatball subs, pb&j, they had olive garden one day, panda express another. Occasionally they bring in a pan and fry up eggs and bacon and all that stuff.
A lot of time we have ice cream.

We always have coffee in the breakroom and bread, peanut butter and jelly. Once in awhile they will throw some cookies in there....of course they did feed us over this past weekend.

Thursday & Friday we had all you can eat Ruby Tuesday's (yes, including Salad Bar)
Saturday was pizza
Sunday we had a bunch of ice cream and candy

A Keurig also appeared with a bucket full of k-cups, the weekend before Black Friday. The only problem is there's never any paper cups. (I should start bringing my mug to work). There's always candy, once a month there's donuts from an awesome local place, and randomly food other times. Black Friday there were giant trays full of pasta and sandwiches.

I talk smack about Target but our break room is fairly nice.

We had candy in the breakroom a few days my first week.

I worked Thursday night and Friday night. When I was working we had food from a local restaurant. As I was leaving, they'd brought in IHOP (if I hadn't been so tired, I would've grabbed some to eat before I went in Friday; of course, I hadn't gotten my turkey sandwich I usually make Thanksgiving night for supper). Friday night was boxed meals from a nearby deli. I didn't grab one (instead grabbed a pizza from our Food Ave). I knew I'd be eating sandwiches most of the weekend. Now if the sandwiches had been from Jimmy John's... That's my sandwich place.

Today, we had a bunch of cookies. I took maybe two cookies. All it made me want to do was make our favorite Christmastime cookies and Texas Trash (pretty much a spicy Chex Mix that tastes absolutely amazing) at home.

I think it's awesome that an employer does that for their employees. The flu shots are pretty cool, too. I know it's self-serving of them, but I don't mind.

Smart moves are wise moves, for the most part.

We had Mexican on Thursday and Friday (in the morning, we had breakfast burritos), subs from a nearby deli on Saturday, and pizza and salad on Sunday.

The eff does chintzed mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back