Archived Snag in Hiring Process Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTB

Electronics and Toys Expert
So I have mentioned that I worked Target Mobile but had to move but mobile is shut down in the new city so couldnt transfer instead I got hired as Hardlines for Target however during orientation when they came to issue my numbers they said they couldnt hire me until I was officially termed in the old target because my register number still coming up active. They called my old store but they said I had to call Marketsource. I called marketsource and they said I was termed May 31st and thay Target deals with anything having to do with register numbers. Anyway they cant give me my schedule until they figure this out and I am frustrated that they dont seem to know what to do. Does anyone know if they can just reissue me a new number and why is this even a problem. I had the same problem in reverse when I got hired for Mobile I couldn't ring anyone up for a few days because the HR refused to issue me numbers at first because they said it was Marketsource job but no it was Target sooo confusing. I am just worried will they be able to solve this? I really need to start working.......you all seem to know more than they do.

Honestly I don't know what else you can do. HR should be able to fix this. Is there a way you could ask to speak to the HRBP? They should be involved with this

Your store will need to call HROC and have you flipped from a contingent employee to a team member. Should take 24 hours tops. You'll keep your same TM# (register number).

My support it. Lol

Just jokin. On a serious note, if you're hired you're hired. Nothing to worry about, will probably take a few weeks for you to be out of the system at the old store. Beings that you weren't terminated, your personal info is still in the system at spot from the old store. Usually it stays for 2-3 weeks after or until HR deems termination manually, which I am guessing they don't want to do that or it'd be on your record forever. Until then, they should be telling you to write in the time you start and end your shift along with write in meal times and when you're allowed back in the new stores system just add those hours manually. Interesting HR would probably call corporate for help tying a TM shoe :D

Last edited:
Reactions: TTB
So yes apparently they had to have my old store delete me from their system which they were "scared" to do it because their boss (etl? I dont know the terms yet)was gone on vacation or something. Finally they got them to do it but now they have to reinstate me they said they had to send an email somewhere last week. I am still waiting for them to call me to get my schedule. I did sign a paper to get paid 4 hours of orientation however I doubt they will be able to pay me that since I am not in system yet......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back