Archived Snarky comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, it's happening at my store. A team member and I have started setting Valentine's in Mini Seasonal. We're getting a good jump on the workload that would eventually happening in a week.

Anyway, after we finished the set and started the push, people started noticing WHAT we were setting. And just like all seasonal sets before it, the same comments are heard OVER and OVER... AD NAUSEUM.... "VALENTINES! But Christmas isn't even over?!"
"Valentines already?!"
"I can't believe you're putting up Valentines, it's still December!"

Every time I heard these little comments, behind me while I'm pushing, I want to turn around and slap somebody. Wish I could make snarky little comments in response.

One that came to mind... "Some people like to shop more than FOUR DAYS before a holiday."

What would you say?

Three weeks ago I noticed we had Valentine's Day shirts in soft lines for girls. I thought it was a bit early...but whatever.

I am just to the point that I wish every guest would just keep their damn opinion about retail to themselves until after New Years.

Our guests are obliviously insensitive at times. So quickly they belittle the work we do. It's a cold, vicious reality sometimes, working retail.

Yeah I would definitely say
"Well, if you want to wait 4 days before the holiday and we have nothing, be my guest. What else do you want me to put here for the next month, just to take it down and reset it when you decide that it's OK to see valentines merchandise. meanwhile dozens of people are going to be buying this while other people dawdle."

"we set it the same time every year, give or take a couple days. What hole did you crawl out of?" Lol

I'm just surprised that we go straight to Valentine's Day. We used to have an in between January value section. I always thought it was a waste of payroll to throw the value stuff up for 2 weeks.

Welp, it's happening at my store. A team member and I have started setting Valentine's in Mini Seasonal. We're getting a good jump on the workload that would eventually happening in a week.

Anyway, after we finished the set and started the push, people started noticing WHAT we were setting. And just like all seasonal sets before it, the same comments are heard OVER and OVER... AD NAUSEUM.... "VALENTINES! But Christmas isn't even over?!"
"Valentines already?!"

Every time I heard these little comments, behind me while I'm pushing, I want to turn around and slap somebody. Wish I could make snarky little comments in response.

One that came to mind... "Some people like to shop more than FOUR DAYS before a holiday."

What would you say?

I just ignore those type of comments now. I hear them every year. Remember every decision like this is for sales, Valentines is the next big holiday after Christmas and New Years retail wise. Only thing I'm surprised about is you selling out of Christmas candy that fast, we are still flexing it out. Now Christmas stuff in general is almost sold out, besides candy.

As the signing person what I couldn't avoid having making snarky comments of my own about was how for a while Spot was trying to combine Valentines Day and Super Bowl into the same holiday.
You would have major sportsball players dressed as cupids, footballs and hearts combined into hanging signs.
It was awful and wonderful at the same time.
I noticed they chilled back a bit but for a while they were really running with the idea.

I'm more annoyed by the swimsuits in softlines than Valentine's items
Same! And "guests" want to make a joke of it and bump their carts into it, so I'm picking up bikini pieces and rehanging every time I turn around.

Funny thing is we are unseasonably warm for December. Almost pool weather when we should have snow.

I just ignore those type of comments now. I hear them every year. Remember every decision like this is for sales, Valentines is the next big holiday after Christmas and New Years retail wise. Only thing I'm surprised about is you selling out of Christmas candy that fast, we are still flexing it out. Now Christmas stuff in general is almost sold out, besides candy.
I think we have a lot of obese kids in this area. Every holiday we sell out of a lot of candy quickly.

I had some lady get mad at me because we didn't have a game that wasn't released yet and she said "wow target is in the shitter, guess I'll go to walmart" I was like well they won't have it either since the game hasn't been released so...

Pharmacy guest calls in refills after close Saturday night. Comes in Sunday morning, 5 minutes after we open to pick them up. I tell her they aren't ready yet, but give us 15 minutes. Hear her tell the guy she's with, "I told you they wouldn't be ready yet, they NEVER ARE..." Get to work today and see that she's called in 2 more refills...sure enough, she's standing at the counter when we open the gates. She says she's there to pick up her refills. I explain that they aren't ready & she says, "I figured they wouldn't be...so 15 minutes again?" I say, "I'm sorry, but we don't have elves working overnight to fill prescriptions while we are CLOSED!" She says, "EXCUSE ME?" I say, "if you call in a refill while we are CLOSED, there's a REASON the automated system tells you it won't be ready until 2 hours after we open...if you want it ready WHEN we open, you need to call it in BEFORE we close the day before..."

You're going to get snarky with me, I'll get snarky right back :cool:

Pharmacy guest calls in refills after close Saturday night. Comes in Sunday morning, 5 minutes after we open to pick them up. I tell her they aren't ready yet, but give us 15 minutes. Hear her tell the guy she's with, "I told you they wouldn't be ready yet, they NEVER ARE..." Get to work today and see that she's called in 2 more refills...sure enough, she's standing at the counter when we open the gates. She says she's there to pick up her refills. I explain that they aren't ready & she says, "I figured they wouldn't be...so 15 minutes again?" I say, "I'm sorry, but we don't have elves working overnight to fill prescriptions while we are CLOSED!" She says, "EXCUSE ME?" I say, "if you call in a refill while we are CLOSED, there's a REASON the automated system tells you it won't be ready until 2 hours after we open...if you want it ready WHEN we open, you need to call it in BEFORE we close the day before..."

Oh my store has the pharmacy elves too! Sadly, they aren't very good at their jobs.

This is the best thing I ever read. I hate people like that.

Some douchewagon didn't want to accept that his radio was faulty so, I kept asking him to repeat the DPCI and the quantity he wanted. He started yelling and spelling the number he wanted. He was like, "I WANT FIVE, F-I-V-E, FIVE!" I yelled back "COPY, F-I-V-E IN THE F-I-R-S-T STOCKROOM".

"Valentines already?!"

What would you say?

I am usually the one that makes smartass excuses when pointing a guest in a direction.

We had Halloween, Christmas, and some Gardening set in Seasonal at the sametime, judging by the weather however, I am wondering if Target was on to something. I refered to Seasonal as our Confusion Section for about a week and a half.

During BTS a guest was looking for the white bonus pack undershirts in Men's on shippers. I told him we were sold out of that size and wouldn't be getting anymore in. He was so mad at me and told me I should've ordered more. I said "do you really think I have any control over how much Target sends us?" I don't think I've ever been more mad at a "guest".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back