Sneak peak of new Mytime app function

Requesting time off will be nice. Wish they would fix the requirement to enter 2fa every single login. Even when selecting to remember this device. It's painful.
It's funny because, if you use the website on your phone, it doesn't do that. It's just the app.

And, yet they still can't add something as basic as shift tags...
Mytime is a DC app retrofitted to work for stores too. Its all being worked backwards from our needs.
We needed a better way than for our management to go through 100+ voice-mail every morning and have 1,000 team members all requesting various vacation days so they developed this.
Hopefully the shift tags get to you guys soon but as always DC needs take priority 😁

That’s an interesting one. I wonder how it will notify people in the store of call ins or late.
They mentioned that it sends the info to our OMs aka ETLs. Not sure how that would work store side since you won't necessarily always be working when your main ETL is in. Maybe it sends it to whichever ETL is on duty then (I forgot what that is called).

The comment section is meant for and required for call ins. Both to give your excuse ("im sick") as well to let them know if its for something more specific ("I'm using FMLA").

They said as of right now that everything can be approved via the app. But if you want to remove a vacation day you already have you must go directly to a manager and ask them to take you off.

Also for the DC peeps Mass Vacation will still be done via paper forms and this app means no more PAR forms!

I find the browser version actually better than the app. For Android, when you bookmark the page into your home screen. It actually works as an app, not a browser based bookmark. The bookmarked version doesn't require F2A and you can use password managers like Bitwarden.

@Luck I love the app, but why does it always require a second authenication and why does it not work with Bitwarden.

I find the browser version actually better than the app. For Android, when you bookmark the page into your home screen. It actually works as an app, not a browser based bookmark. The bookmarked version doesn't require F2A and you can use password managers like Bitwarden.

@Luck I love the app, but why does it always require a second authenication and why does it not work with Bitwarden.
I'm not a developer. Just a part of the pilot of this new functionality.

I'm not sure stores will ever get the callout function as I think it makes less sense for us than DC.... but requesting time off would be amazing

I agree, I have it saved as an app icon on my homescreen. I just open it, it scans my face, and boom I'm in instantly. I notice it's more responsive too.

The call-out function would've nice for stores so everyone is one the same page so no one forgets to tell everyone someone called out.

Yeah, if it can tie into notifications to notify all leaders when someone calls in (without them having to actually call in and figure out which leader is on that they can talk to, who will promptly forget/ignore logging the call in so you get a NCNS....) it sounds like it will be a big improvement for everyone.

This is true but leaders do thaf anyway. At least this way you can show the app as proof that you did it. Its like a paper trail they cant accidentally lose. They can try the whole I disnt gwt the alert thing but aith physical proof at leaat you will get unemploymenr if they fire you :/

I agree, I have it saved as an app icon on my homescreen. I just open it, it scans my face, and boom I'm in instantly. I notice it's more responsive too.
I have used the online version and it seems to work fine.

However I will not be be downloading Target's app on my personal phone. I don't carry my personal phone on the floor because there is no reason too.

Yes I do have the Target Circle on my phone so I am not completely paranoid.

I don't download apps much on my phone due to the data mining that companies do.

For example Great Clips hairdresser has an phone app but if I only use it every four weeks why even download it. I can just pull up the local Great Clips and sign up online.

However I will not be be downloading Target's app on my personal phone. I don't carry my personal phone on the floor because there is no reason too.

I don't download apps much on my phone due to the data mining that companies do.

For example Great Clips hairdresser has an phone app but if I only use it every four weeks why even download it. I can just pull up the local Great Clips and sign up online

when the app initially rolled out for whatever reason it couldn’t scan my face. So what I just did was made a bookmark on my home screen and it works exactly if not better than the MyTime App

For example Great Clips hairdresser has an phone app but if I only use it every four weeks why even download it. I can just pull up the local Great Clips and sign up online.

I won't download it since I don't fucking trust Target as far as I can throw them.

I won't download it since I don't fucking trust Target as far as I can throw them.
A couple of cursory observations about Mytime and posting shifts.

They only show departments that you are "allowed" to work in not all available which may or may not be right.

Target was embarrassed by the multiple pages of open shifts available in the swap shift board for all to see.

TMs find it easier to flip through the shifts and sign up for them especially true if two TMs in the same department want to swap shifts. They would normally just post them right by each other and have the signed off. Now both TMs have to log into the app to do this.

Does the Mytime app also handle call offs?

Is Mytime a link on the Chromebook workstations in Workday or somewhere?

Last edited:

They only show departments that you are "allowed" to work in not all available which may or may not be right.

Target was embarrassed by the multiple pages of open shifts available in the swap shift board for all to see.

TMs find it easier to flip through the shifts and sign up for them especially true if two TMs in the same department want to swap shifts. They would normally just post them right by each other and have the signed off. Now both TMs have to log into the app to do this.

Re:swapping shifts: A fellow TM and I tried swapping shifts for two days, day/night. I posted mine, she posted hers. I could find hers and tried to take them but the system wouldn't let me, kept saying there was too little time between my last scheduled shift - she couldn't find mine at all. HR had to do it manually. She said they've been having these issues repeatedly.

under quick links.

Re:swapping shifts: A fellow TM and I tried swapping shifts for two days, day/night. I posted mine, she posted hers. I could find hers and tried to take them but the system wouldn't let me, kept saying there was too little time between my last scheduled shift - she couldn't find mine at all. HR had to do it manually. She said they've been having these issues repeatedly.
Its known because the schedules conflict it has to be done manually it is not an issue its a function that isnt available yet.

Back