Archived So..."Be Bold!" Didn't last long, did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my store did Lights Out (which is a misnomer no matter how hard you try to argue it), I'm fairly certain that heads would roll. So much wasted productivity. Not sure if we still do Power Hour - I'm usually not there during the projected peak hours, just the actual peak hours.

BTW, "Lights Out! " "Power hour!" or "Service Blitz!" (depending on who was LOD) is gone too. Thank you!!!!!!!

Don't forget 4X4's. I don't know of any of you have noticed Mc Donald's has also incorporated being 'BOLD.' I was driving pass the nearest Mc Donald's and it had a big sign stating Mc Donald's is now being BOLD. Haha I couldn't stop laughing. I feel sorry for the employees tho =/

"I only have 1 $, can I please have a number 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, all large thank you." (-.-)

MrKN, Yep, normally leaders would have not been happy to have a bunch of team members and cashiers standing around doing nothing. But they had to "sell" Lights Out. It was interesting to hear them talk about what a great idea it was. I understand they don't have a choice if they want to keep their jobs, but how are we supposed to respect leaders that go along with such nonsense? I just have to hope that somewhere inside them they are silently asking themselves, "WTF?"

We do Peak Hour.
An LOD comes up front for that time, we have "sample" products from Starbucks or Pizza Hut, no cashier, GSA or GSTL are allowed to be on break during this time, and anyone that's in the store that's a TL or higher is expected to come up front for awhile during that hour.

What fun. It makes it look like we only care about guests one hour a day! Also looks like management has gotten in trouble and has to make themselves available to guests.

I'm not one bit surprised these things haven't lasted.
This is indicative of the slipshod way the company is being managed.
Clearly they have no vision, no real course, no consistent concept that when woven together with all the departments becomes a unifying whole that not only makes sense but is easily implemented.

Yes, it seems they are trying to many things at once. Also how much are they spending on all these rollouts? There's planning, printing, shipping, meeting & training.

Not training for TMs lol! I was thinking of all the "training" the ETLs and above do.

Not training for TMs lol! I was thinking of all the "training" the ETLs and above do.
our ETLs seem to be well trained in doing runs to Starbucks at all times during the day. some times they send the soft lines/A&A TL over with the stores Starbucks card

All of these rapid initiatives seem rather new too... Didn't have half of these when I was a GSA a year and a half ago... lol.

The biggest joke I remember back then was going the extra inch :D
Yep! It's seems like it's something new every week. I've seen all the training materials that come in with each roll out. Of course none is is for TMs. It's all for TLs and above. I really would like to know what they are spending on printing and shipping alone.

I'm still being bold and giving customers whatever they ask for, unfortunately no customers are asking me for anything, particularly anything ridiculous. Yeah, yeah it's a little passive aggressive but I really want this little debacle to cost Target as much as possible.
HEY HEY HEY now they are not customers .. they are "GUESTS" ..do that mix up again and you'll get a corrective action!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back