Archived So..."Be Bold!" Didn't last long, did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Be Bold! taught me an important lesson. No matter how ridiculous rollouts from corporate may be, all ETLs and TLs are required to promote them as if they're the best idea they've ever heard of. Then if it's just more asinine nonsense we can just abandon them completely after a week or two. lol
If I'm on here freaking out over the next... "whatever" please someone remind me of this post. Thanks!

BTW, "Lights Out! " "Power hour!" or "Service Blitz!" (depending on who was LOD) is gone too. Thank you!!!!!!!

Didn't last long here either haha. About two weeks of Be Bold!, then we were getting yelled at for being "too bold"

We are still doing Be Bold and power hour. They both work in my store.

we are still doing Be Bold and we have service walks every hour. We are now at the top of our group for Sales and Service.

Probably the funniest one was "Lights Out!" Where every single team member from everywhere had to stay on the lanes for one hour. Service scores all over the store plummeted. Then they changed it to power hour and left a couple of people on the sales floor. The main problem was it was scheduled every day during a very slow time on the front lanes so everyone was bored out of their skulls. smh

My store was still doing Power Hour and "Be Bold."

The biggest problem for Power Hour was that it was ALWAYS wrong....

We would hourly goals of $3,500 at 12PM or 1PM and we wouldn't even come close.... The only time it was 'usually' correct was on Friday or Saturdays after dinner because of the people buying candy and stuff and sneaking it into the movie theaters in our mall.

I always hated having to do a competition on my LOD shifts for Power Hour... Only 3 guests in the store, "Ok team, if we beat $2,500 I'm giving out zone pops!" Real motivational.

One big ticket purchase can through off the average for power hours... For some reason, my ETL's never got that fact..

I could have understood us all spending an hour on the registers if it had been during busy times. It was always during really slow times when we had very few guests. We weren't supposed to do any tasks so we couldn't even zone the lanes or fill the bags or anything. Longest hour of my life!

eh I wish it was gone.... We still have power hour, be bold and lights out. I was hoping when I read this thread it was a corporate decision to stop that but I guess not. Different stores..... Different rules......

I remember my STL saying Power Hour was here to stay and we are going to do it forever so everyone better get used to it.

How wrong she was.

I still don't get Lights Out. If every lane is on then how can it be called Lights Out?
My store has never done Lights Out. We have 16 lanes up front. Probably couldn't even get 8 of those full during the week.

Lights Out! Referred to the manager's office lights getting turned off because they would all be on the SF vibeing with guests. Instead of ringing up the guests purchases and getting them out the door as fast as possiable we would take time to interact with them on a more personal level. We could tell them all about Cartwheel. Forming a real connection was part of the stragety to help them remember...wait for it...they love us!

I dont think my store ever did lights out, power hour, or be bold.
"Lights Out" means something totally different in our store. We're EnergyStar rated so we have power management days when it gets hot. They shut off half of the lights and turn down the A/C during peak usage times.

One of the few good things about being on the Flow team is none of the this corporate lingo applies to us. Even with a 6am unload, the only thing were expected to do is assist guest with finding something.

We still call-out power hour, but it's mostly just a "hey guys, this is our projected peak sales hour so expect it to be busy!" warning

Never heard of lights out, power hour I have heard of but dont know what it entails. What about your 4 x 4's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back