Archived So can hardlines 4 or asset protection date team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of a gsa and a sales floor team member who are dating but they are keeping it on the low. Well one is being recruited by AP can they date if one is AP?

There's nothing that says they must break up in the handbook, only that Target evaluates these cases on a case-by-case basis.

That said, they've gotten strict recently about even having family members in the same building as AP, I would expect someone to have to transfer at the least. Not reporting the relationship will only certainly spell trouble.

Years ago our hr tm and ap tl were dating. They were on the dl but she was all the time posting things on FB. Which clearly any one could tell they were dating.

I promise you no one cares. As long as they don't go on and all about it

There's nothing that says they must break up in the handbook, only that Target evaluates these cases on a case-by-case basis.

That said, they've gotten strict recently about even having family members in the same building as AP, I would expect someone to have to transfer at the least. Not reporting the relationship will only certainly spell trouble.

They just hired a tps who's sister works as a cashier.

I'm AP and I'm dating a TM just don't be an idiot and you're good to go. I will say it has gotten me in trouble one time at work but live and learn I suppose

I guess it's different at the district or group level. We must have had an incident that required APBPs to check on family/dating relationships and remove any conflicts of interest.

I'm AP and I'm dating a TM just don't be an idiot and you're good to go. I will say it has gotten me in trouble one time at work but live and learn I suppose

You probably keep it a secret but it's strictly forbidden in the handbook.

You probably keep it a secret but it's strictly forbidden in the handbook.
Nope my entire leadership team as well as my APBP are aware also the handbook says that relationships involving high level execs or TMs with unique responsibilities will have their situations evaluated on a case by case basis

Nope my entire leadership team as well as my APBP are aware also the handbook says that relationships involving high level execs or TMs with unique responsibilities will have their situations evaluated on a case by case basis

Your APBP does have the right to allow it but its pretty unusual. As AP say your significant other was stealing , it puts you in a really compromising situation

Are you a TPS?

Last edited:
The caveat is that they can flip the switch when they feel like it. Very dumb to allow that considering the conflict of interest with internals and confidentiality but maybe if he's a TPS they're fine with it as he's somewhat removed from direct internal work.

Your APBP does have the right to allow it but its pretty unusual. As AP say your significant other was stealing , it puts you in a really compromising situation

Are you a TPS?

The caveat is that they can flip the switch when they feel like it. Very dumb to allow that considering the conflict of interest with internals and confidentiality but maybe if he's a TPS they're fine with it as he's somewhat removed from direct internal work.

I'm a TPS and I'm not removed from internal work I suppose they just have trust in me. Also, I "should" promote when a position opens so I'll be moving stores seeing as I'm in an etl ap store

It's more of a 'can' vs 'should' at some stores.
Our TPS was dating a COTM (BIG red flag right there) but one quit, then they broke up & the other eventually quit.

Yeah our TPS moved in with three team members at my old store. Our etl ap was aware and okay with it but said if he was an aps he would probably have to transfer.

Every position in AP deals with internals. I probally spent minimum 25% of my time on internals, some weeks I had to work entire 40 hour weeks on overnight shifts hiding in the AP office. All as a TPS.

Probably ranks up there as the best dating warning on the site

If you are a.....
All HR/AP Team Members, Store Team Leader

Completely Okay! Go For It!
  • Dating any TM/TL/ETL at another store
Slight Conflict of Interest - Proceed With Caution Depending on Store:
  • STL dating another STL in the same district - I have not first hand seen this happen, but this relationship could affect things such as promotions and transfers between different stores. Now this is easily worked around, but not black and white. Depends on your DTL but most likely would be okay pending investigation.
  • STL dating a business partner or equivalent - Possible. But it is a huge conflict of interest in some positions such as STL dating HRBP or Group Merchandising Leader during assessments or visits. Don't even get me started on STL dating HRBP in context of hotline calls!
Not Allowed - Stay Away:
  • Dating anyone in the store! As a TM in these positions you have so many ways to give favoritism or unfair treatment that it would take forever to type them out.
  • STL dating a DTL, GTL, etc. - No. No. No. At that level you could probably move mountains at Target and get away with bloody murder.
TL;DR no

It's been a year and a half we're still at the same store with no issues. Love ya x.

A TPS' job doesn't include internal work, is what I meant. APTL/ETL-AP takes care of that. Either way, bad call to allow that kind of stuff in your store/district.

Yeah it does. TPS doesn't really focus on internals, but we can find/spot an internal, help investigate it, and be present (if necessary) when the case comes to a conclusion. It all just depends on how large the AP team is and what sort of division of labor the team has.

TPS are not tracked or judged by how many internals we work on, but it's definitely a part of the workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back