Archived So, corporate has deemed keepers to be ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravalpea

Battery/giftcard loather
There was a redwire bulletin today stating that, starting the week of Oct 16 for the entertainment transition, blu-ray keepers are to be removed and thrown into the compactor.
><

There was a redwire bulletin today stating that, starting the week of Oct 16 for the entertainment transition, blu-ray keepers are to be removed and thrown into the compactor.
><
I'd love to see this lol true. I came into my shift the other day and i walked through part of the store and saw nearly $300 in 4K UHD DVDs stolen lol

I am flow/electronics tm and am waiting to see what out ETL-AP has to say. There is no way we are throwing them away. We will probably box them up and put them in the steal somewhere until what Redeye58 says happens...and corporate sends us brand new cases. XD

It's all part of the grand plan to make AP seem ineffective and phase them out in favor of an outside contractor for AE2017.

Theft in entertainment was up 250% in Q4 2016. AP is obviously not doing a good job anymore.

They didn't even mention the red dvd keepers or the dvd set keepers. Our store is still waiting on the new magnet keys for the new spider wraps and hang tabs.

:rolleyes: My store constantly gets stuff stolen especially DVDs ( yes even 5.00 ones) now they are getting rid of those?? Welp expect more things stolen I guess..

The Fitbit focal in sporting goods. We were told to take the spider wraps and locking pegs off. They would rather make a sale than have a guest wait for tht item. I asked about loss. I was told, that did not matter... not having a guest track someone down for a locked fitbit was more important.

The Fitbit focal in sporting goods. We were told to take the spider wraps and locking pegs off. They would rather make a sale than have a guest wait for tht item. I asked about loss. I was told, that did not matter... not having a guest track someone down for a locked fitbit was more important.

Lol. I had a guest yelling in an aisle one day for like 15 minutes because the electronics tm (only one) was with a guest and there was no one else who could unlock the jawbone up for her. Now, if I were a bigwig, I'd solve this problem with more tms... but I guess this is why I don't get paid to have ideas.

I guess this move would also allow people to go to self checkout when they're just buying a DVD... And we don't have to worry about all those new cashiers who were never trained to open them (or we could make more of an effort to include that lesson... but again, I don't get paid to have ideas)

facepalm.gif

My store has 4..read it FOUR places for fitbits.

It's an AP nightmare.

Maybe just add a team member who can respond to such "inconveniences? Not just to drive Sales/Customer interaction, but also to stop loss...

Clearly, $80 a day, is TOO much to have that extra team member in the store to deal with this bullshit, let's let that $80 fitbit go, and then whatever else the thief wants because now he knows it is easier to get away with it.

And in other news, speed score has been reinstated because it turns out it was a good idea, a third bathroom for purple people is now a mandatory store addition, and hoop hut, coming soon!

But seriously corporate, just...wut? Hope you're not too upset that I'm gonna just ignore you and keep using them anyways.

My store has 4..read it FOUR places for fitbits.

It's an AP nightmare.

We have 5, plus two other locations for other brands. We get at least one stolen a week. And when guests want to buy a specific one, it's a huge PITA to find where it is.

We have 5, plus two other locations for other brands. We get at least one stolen a week. And when guests want to buy a specific one, it's a huge PITA to find where it is.
actually, we do have 4 never mind. you know what i don't understand??? why have some fit bits spider wrapped and some not? huh lol? from what i've seen atleast, haven't had one stolen n a while. but it's annoying seeing wasted resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back