Archived So, corporate has deemed keepers to be ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, we do have 4 never mind. you know what i don't understand??? why have some fit bits spider wrapped and some not? huh lol? from what i've seen atleast, haven't had one stolen n a while. but it's annoying seeing wasted resources
The same reason some TVs aren't spider wrapped but the same one behind it is.

I mean... does anyone even buy DVD's anymore? I don't think I have bought a physical copy in years! If the thieves want to steal those to try and sell them or pawn them off, good luck. Their street value has to be dropping off drastically year after year.
I bought a shelf a few days ago to hold all mine. Need to get a second one for the rest.

I mean... does anyone even buy DVD's anymore? I don't think I have bought a physical copy in years! If the thieves want to steal those to try and sell them or pawn them off, good luck. Their street value has to be dropping off drastically year after year.

I do and CD's.. I rip them down to my server and either trade them off or sell them at a garage sale every couple years. But CD's I rip those down and then I can make MP3s in any bit rate I want. Reason? I fucking hate iTunes.

Cant find this anywhere on redwire...thats a good thing because i spent around $800 on more keepers last several weeks

On one hand I kinda think it's dumb...on the other, I spend a good hour+ a week keepering all the new release and it is the most mindblowingly monotonous thing sooooooo

Haven't seen this redwire but the new high theft merch protect initiative calls for even more items to be locked up. I can tell you as an ETL AP my APBP/APML is not going to go for no merch protect on Blu Ray DVDs. My store is high volume and has too much activity for that & we have got exceptions to merch protect items not called for in the past.

I do if there's a digital copy bundled in the box for this exact reason.

I prefer having a full shelf, but there's nothing like having a digital backup

Well, we won the battle but lost the war. After reading the Redwire bulletin, and informing TMs and then TLs/ETLs, leadership fought it until the week of the entertainment reset. That week is here and after the ETL logistics told POG not to remove keepers, the STL was told to obey the Redwire. So...no more protected blu-rays, but we will throw them away, we will box them up and stick them in the steal somewhere. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back