Archived So did anyone else pre-order the PS4/Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but did anyone else pre-order the PS4 and Xbox One?

I pre-ordered both on Target.com and combined TM discount, red card discount, and the pharmacy rewards discount.

Sometimes it's good to work retail....

How much did that end up costing with all the discounts for the Xbox One? :eek:

Free shipping win. :D

I have the ps4 reservation card. I hope it doesn't go like our sky landers preorders went and we accidentally sell out without putting any aside for the preorders. The guests were so mad

Some TM lost all the pre-order cards...ALL... so it's first come first serve. But no ones telling that to guest :yes:

I pre-ordered on amazon. Unfortunately I ordered the watchdogs ps4 bundle. Now I might as well have just pre-ordered it in the store when I had the chance. Eh, I'm still getting a day one console so it's not really that big of a deal to me.

I've had mine pre-ordered on Amazon since the night of E3. Only started working at Target a few weeks ago, but I'm sure I still would have stuck with my Amazon pre-order just to be safe (Amazon seems to be better organized and reliable when it comes to things like order allocation).

I can't believe employees even get a discount on consoles and games, I would have guessed those sorts of things would be exempt. I'll definitely be picking up all my launch games and PSN/XBL membership cards at my store. Any Target people looking for somebody to add to their friends list?

Just curious, but did anyone else pre-order the PS4 and Xbox One?

I pre-ordered both on Target.com and combined TM discount, red card discount, and the pharmacy rewards discount.

Sometimes it's good to work retail....

Damnit some of my prescriptions don't count because my insurance (my mom's) pays the whole cost so it's free to me. I'm gonna get extra tubes of my dermatology junk to use the reward on a ps4.

Hello, I have been trying to get a Ps4 from target forever. Unfortunately I was a little late on the bandwagon and missed out on those presell cards. Very disappointed at myself because I am one of the overnight flow team member who does security, electronics and entertainment :(.
So I have a few questions that I would really appreciate some input on.
1. How many ps4 will each target get? I fully understand there is no definite answer until the vendors bring them in on the Tuesday before the release date but just wanting some thoughts on this.
2. I have heard each Target will only get the amount of Ps4 that matches with the presell cards? Was this true in case of previous console launch such as the WII U?
3. If #2 is true. What about the people who are planning to stand in line in freezing cold weather for 12+ hours since we have no midnight launch like bestbuy, gamestop and walmart?

Its worth mentioning that I have talked to my team lead and ETL and both said each target has to get more than the pre-ordered amount but a very knowledgeable Target team member said Workbench has an excel sheet that states each target will receive the amount to cover presell cards only.

Hello, I have been trying to get a Ps4 from target forever. Unfortunately I was a little late on the bandwagon and missed out on those presell cards. Very disappointed at myself because I am one of the overnight flow team member who does security, electronics and entertainment :(.
1. How many ps4 will each target get? I fully understand there is no definite answer until the vendors bring them in on the Tuesday before the release date but just wanting some thoughts on this.
2. I have heard each Target will only get the amount of Ps4 that matches with the presell cards? Was this true in case of previous console launch such as the WII U?
3. If #2 is true. What about the people who are planning to stand in line in freezing cold weather for 12+ hours since we have no midnight launch like bestbuy, gamestop and walmart?

Its worth mentioning that I have talked to my team lead and ETL and both said each target has to get more than the pre-ordered amount but a very knowledgeable Target team member said Workbench has an excel sheet that states each target will receive the amount to cover presell cards only.

From what I understood it was likely limited to the number of presells only. The wiiu was not limited to presells and they just really didn't sell anyway. It is possible certain stores will get more than the pre-sell amount and as this is a sought after console this year, you will be fighting other guests at the opening of the store for those limited counts. For our store in particular our etl ap will go out and inform the people there how many are available and will hand out cards with a number on them. Only those with the number will be able to get the surplus. High volume stores are more likely to receive extra units then low. YMMV

From what I understood it was likely limited to the number of presells only. The wiiu was not limited to presells and they just really didn't sell anyway. It is possible certain stores will get more than the pre-sell amount and as this is a sought after console this year, you will be fighting other guests at the opening of the store for those limited counts. For our store in particular our etl ap will go out and inform the people there how many are available and will hand out cards with a number on them. Only those with the number will be able to get the surplus. High volume stores are more likely to receive extra units then low. YMMV

Thank you for your input. I requested off on the 14th a month ago and I'll be standing in line for sure. Give me some advice as to how to find out which target to choose here in stl. Are individual stores allowed to disclose their quantities to customers?

Thank you for your input. I requested off on the 14th a month ago and I'll be standing in line for sure. Give me some advice as to how to find out which target to choose here in stl. Are individual stores allowed to disclose their quantities to customers?
If you can get a hold of a pda and know the numbers, you can use item search to get a total. That count may or may not be accurate (depends on when the consoles start rolling in) and includes the preorders. Revealing counts is up to the individual store, it is usually best not to tell them in order to avoid issues with angry guests. Some stores lost their preorders some may have new people in charge who will sell them despite preorders. Good luck. Most of the preorders at our store got bought up, quickly after they went up, by team members. Amazon and target.com may still have preorders available. If you use your discount and redcard at target.com, assuming you have them, you get the free shipping and your discount.

Target.com is very unreliable. They are known to charge your redcard and keep pushing the date back. I would rather just wait and buy it in store a week or two later.

I think we got 10 cards for each. And still have people coming in everyday to ask if they can still preorder them. Those people then get pissy when we say no, and that we may only get the ones for the cards we have already sold. And that we can't tell them when we may get more.

I think we got 10 cards for each. And still have people coming in everyday to ask if they can still preorder them. Those people then get pissy when we say no, and that we may only get the ones for the cards we have already sold. And that we can't tell them when we may get more.

we will know for sure on the 12th because I believe Tuesday is vendors day. I highly doubt it'll be a security item the first time around.

I am pissed though.... I checked my order status the other day and they removed all of my discounts except the 5% red card discount. They jacked the price up to a little over $900 on my order.

I am guessing there is some policy that made it so I couldn't use the other discounts on launch consoles or something?

Wait, wha-?
ALL your discounts except the redcard?!
The level of suckiness is breath-taking :mad:
At the very least, the Rx reward should have applied since they include a code to use specifically for .com purchases.

Last edited:
Wait, wha-?
ALL your discounts except the redcard?!
The level of suckiness is breath-taking :mad:
At the very least, the Rx reward should have applied since they include a code to use specifically for .com purchases.

The Team member discount shouldn't have been removed either. May need to call up support for that one.

I feel you man. Target.com disappointed me majorly when I ordered a Red Target Jacket to wear at work but quickly realized after ordering that I ordered the women's one. Couldn't cancel through the website so had to call the 1-800 number. After calling 3 times, I had to threaten to report target.com for fraudulent charges because they wouldn't cancel my order.
Anyway, they finally canceled my order but the money won't come back to my red card for 2 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back