Archived So did anyone else pre-order the PS4/Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, my advice is for you to buy in store. Stand in line, they'll definitely have extra stock. Also, take advantage of the buy 2 games get one free deal!

Honestly, my advice is for you to buy in store. Stand in line, they'll definitely have extra stock. Also, take advantage of the buy 2 games get one free deal!

Last Email I knew about actually said it was possible we wouldn't even receive enough for fulfill preorders.

The advertisement for that week has been leaked that clearly says get your ps4 at 8 AM. I don't think they'd do that if stores wasn't getting more than the pre-ordered amount. As for satisfying pre-order, it actually says on the back of those cards that if target does not have a ps4 on launch day, you get a $399.99 gift card.

Last Email I knew about actually said it was possible we wouldn't even receive enough for fulfill preorders.

The advertisement for that week has been leaked that clearly says get your ps4 at 8 AM. I don't think they'd do that if stores wasn't getting more than the pre-ordered amount. As for satisfying pre-order, it actually says on the back of those cards that if target does not have a ps4 on launch day, you get a $399.99 gift card.

They always add asterisks to those ads. Generally supplies limited.

I'm looking at the back of my reservation card right now. It says nothing about a gift card if they don't have a ps4 on launch.

Last edited:

They always add asterisks to those ads. Generally supplies limited.

I'm looking at the back of my reservation card right now. It says nothing about a gift card if they don't have a ps4 on launch.

5 of those cards on my Craigslist for 175 each so I hope target disappoints these losers. I apologize about the whole gift cards debacle, only conveying what was told to me by the morning team members. Being overnight, we are a timed process and really don't have time to study merchandise just stock them. Plus these were vendor products.

All in all, sony is trolling people. My friend who works for bestbuy said their district manager announced they are getting 1300 more ps4 than preordered and 1400 more xbox one. Also, if you are tracking ps4 online sales you can see walmart has a new bundle that shis in 3 weeks after launch called holiday bundle. Sony.com also restocked itself with 2 bundles for launch day. There will be plenty of stock available. I honestly believe I will have a ps4 on Nov 15 as the new schedule has me off and I'm willing to stand in line for 12 hours.

So here is the bright side for people. In the recent Target Red magazine, there is a coupon for 10% off an electronics item. Excluding Apple Bose and 2day circular ads. Even confirmed with our STL that we can use it for the ps4. Good times.

So here is the bright side for people. In the recent Target Red magazine, there is a coupon for 10% off an electronics item. Excluding Apple Bose and 2day circular ads. Even confirmed with our STL that we can use it for the ps4. Good times.

Been working for target for 3 years and have no idea what this Red magazine you speak of is. lol. So how do I get my hands on one? is it one of those magazines usually laying around in the break room?

Does anybody know if you have to buy games from on particular console with the the buy 2, get 1 coupon? As in, could I buy 2 PS4 games and pick up a 360 game for free?

I found the coupon today at work! Several team members said this isn't the first time Target have done it so here is my question. It says "10 Percent off Electronics Department Item", so I'm planning to buy an additional controller and 2 games to get a third one free. Will I have to do different transactions? seems like it.

I found the coupon today at work! Several team members said this isn't the first time Target have done it so here is my question. It says "10 Percent off Electronics Department Item", so I'm planning to buy an additional controller and 2 games to get a third one free. Will I have to do different transactions? seems like it.

You'll need to read the back of the coupon and if that doesn't explain it, I'd strongly suggest hitting up your stl or ETL-AP and seeing what they say about it.

Edit: Offer valid for Target Team Members only and must present team member discount card at checkout. Valid in store only. Limit one Target coupon per team member. Target accepts one manufacturer and one target coupon per item. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transfered, pruchased, sold or prohibited by law. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Not valid in Canada. Coupon Value may not exceed value of item purchased. No Cash Value. Any Team member distributing coupons to non-team members or attempting to use them for monetary gain will be subject to disciplinary action per the team member handbook.

Last edited:
I am pissed though.... I checked my order status the other day and they removed all of my discounts except the 5% red card discount. They jacked the price up to a little over $900 on my order.

I am guessing there is some policy that made it so I couldn't use the other discounts on launch consoles or something?

Just to add to this; I ordered two things on Target.com a few days ago; just serving platters and not anything big ticket. My confirmation email they sent me has my 10% + 5% discounts listed and the total with the discounts included. Under my orders on the website, the only discount they have with their math equation is the REDcard free shipping and they listed the total without the 14.5% employee/REDcard discount. I'm waiting for it to show up on my bank account to see what they really charged me.

ETA: I checked my redcard page on target.com. They charged me the amount with discounts. Maybe it's a bug with "my order status"?

Last edited:
I am pissed though.... I checked my order status the other day and they removed all of my discounts except the 5% red card discount. They jacked the price up to a little over $900 on my order.

I am guessing there is some policy that made it so I couldn't use the other discounts on launch consoles or something?

Just to add to this; I ordered two things on Target.com a few days ago; just serving platters and not anything big ticket. My confirmation email they sent me has my 10% + 5% discounts listed and the total with the discounts included. Under my orders on the website, the only discount they have with their math equation is the REDcard free shipping and they listed the total without the 14.5% employee/REDcard discount. I'm waiting for it to show up on my bank account to see what they really charged me.

ETA: I checked my redcard page on target.com. They charged me the amount with discounts. Maybe it's a bug with "my order status"?

I am never using target.com again. Gonna buy my ps4 in person. The faqs that bestbuy released on their site clearly says that they will have extra stock for people who didn't pre-order at each bestbuy store so I don't see why Target wouldn't have extra stock. Playstation 4 is not nearly as limited as playstation 3 as you can see it's only selling on eBay for 200 dollar more average where ps3 was going for 2500 +. Not to mention the fact how good of a deal we are getting in store thanks to all the discounts. No extra 10 percent off online and no free game either.

I am never using target.com again. Gonna buy my ps4 in person. The faqs that bestbuy released on their site clearly says that they will have extra stock for people who didn't pre-order at each bestbuy store so I don't see why Target wouldn't have extra stock. Playstation 4 is not nearly as limited as playstation 3 as you can see it's only selling on eBay for 200 dollar more average where ps3 was going for 2500 +. Not to mention the fact how good of a deal we are getting in store thanks to all the discounts. No extra 10 percent off online and no free game either.

Last time Target did the buy 2 get 1 free deal, places online ended up doing the same thing. Amazon in particular.

I also was unfortunate to not be able to pre-order the PS4, so I'm really really hoping that there's extras on launch day because I'd hate to wait in line and not get one :gamer3:

I also was unfortunate to not be able to pre-order the PS4, so I'm really really hoping that there's extras on launch day because I'd hate to wait in line and not get one :gamer3:

You'll know before the release day if you ask the right people. I'd be curious to see if people were able to buy it using pick up in store.

You'll know before the release day if you ask the right people. I'd be curious to see if people were able to buy it using pick up in store.

So far I've confirmed that bestbuy is getting extra stock along with Walmart and Toys R US so why not Target. I'll know for sure Wednesday night as I can just scan a ps4 sitting in the electronics backroom and see the quantities all Target stores close to mine have. Just know it'll be cold so prepare yourself well for the wait.

Where can I get the red magazine? Would really love the extra discount when I go pick up my PS4!

Where can I get the red magazine? Would really love the extra discount when I go pick up my PS4!

Check in the break room at your store, there are usually some laying around but the chances are the coupons are already torn out.
For a while Spot was amiling them to all of us but that seems to have been for just a year or so.

So far I've confirmed that bestbuy is getting extra stock along with Walmart and Toys R US so why not Target. I'll know for sure Wednesday night as I can just scan a ps4 sitting in the electronics backroom and see the quantities all Target stores close to mine have. Just know it'll be cold so prepare yourself well for the wait.

Yea I confirmed today that we'll have extras, figured we would. So what time do you guys think I should start waiting in line? I start work on that Friday at 12pm so I can be there for the 8am release but this'll be my first time waiting in line for a console release and I've only been with target since the beginning of September so I haven't seen how things are like before the stores open. Anyways if I could get answers to the below questions I'd appreciate it.

1)Around what time should I go to head in line?
2) Are tickets given out so the electronics people know who to serve or is it just a mad dash to the electronics section and whoever gets there first profits?

EDIT: Any other tips from the pros would be super appreciated too, you can never be too prepared.

I've got some added news for you guys that is slight ps4 related. This is based on a small sample size, but a team member I work with recently preordered a game for ps4 in anticipation for the sale. Upon purchase he received a coupon for 30% off two games. I did the same thing after work and also received the coupon. So get your 25$ gift card and apply it as well as that 30% to your b2g1. Looking at roughly 77$ for 3 brand new games. Price will vary based on sales tax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back