Archived so do I have to SAY that I quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo I had started work in target as a seasonal starbucks barista, the work was eh, the people I worked with were super gossipy, and the pay was okay. Was there for less than 2 weeks life happened and I decided not to go back to work. They called after 3 days, I think I got 4 calls tops, but that's about it. It's been over 2 weeks and I thought they'd send my check by now but I guess not.. ? Do I have to verbally call or walk in and say I quit though it's super obvious and request my check? I'm super terrified and know they probably will all give me evil looks if I wall in... I don't want to deal with being asked honestly . I don't know what to do, but they have my money... help?

They can't legally keep your check but they're probably assuming you're coming to get it. But they usually mail it out the Monday after if it's not picked up. Maybe just call them and say where's my check and go from there. You should have called and told them you quit though.

Spot maybe waiting for you to return your name tag, apron & discount card. Also, they may give a cash payout, instead doing a check.

Spot maybe waiting for you to return your name tag, apron & discount card. Also, they may give a cash payout, instead doing a check.
Depending on your state they may have to pay out cash. They will probably give you evil looks, you randomly quit before your seasonal hire window was over. It puts everyone in a bad spot. Go back in, turn your stuff in and collect your pay.

You're going to have to be an adult and walk in to grab your check. Depending on where you live, you may have to be paid in cash. If you didn't want this awkwardness, you should have resigned professionally instead of just not showing up. That's a crappy thing to do no matter where you work.

This is why you quit the right way. We had a guy who just stopped showing up for work and when he came to collect his check you could just feel the awkwardness. If they try to ask you any questions you don't have to answer them. Just go get your check and be done with it.

You screwed a lot of people over by doing that. I know this because it recently happened at my Tarbucks. So yeah, it will be awkward because chances are the other baristas left behind are a bit salty. So now you need to face the consequences I guess?

The proper process for quitting is grabbing a voluntary termination form, filling it out, putting it on HR's desk, and taking a dump on it.

I may be wrong.

Advice for folks going to leave or quit any job by just not showing up.

Always remember that HOW you leave any job can and most likely will directly affect your future for references and positive feedback when your employer is asked questions about you and your rehirability. Even though employers are limited by what they can say, you always want to leave the employer feeling good that you had respect for the process. When we are asked about verifying your employment and asked "would you hire them again" the answer is yes when you've quit and followed the process steps and no when you just don't show up ever again. Remember that if you aren't able to give a full two weeks it can, but might not, reflect negatively. Give as many days as you can. Quitting on good terms is always better than being an ass and just not showing up.

Most of all, pretend you are the boss. How would you feel if your employee treated you the way you quit?

Always do the best you can.

Answer: YES

If you didn't want to work at your store any longer, you need to be an adult and say I Quit. Some states require you to be absent for 2 weeks before they declare you as a Walk-Out.

Some stores don't mail stubs or checks except once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back