So I apparently I got Employee of the month!

My shift leaders asked me to come to TSC. My shift leaders shut the door behind me and asked me "do you know why we called you here"...
The first thought that came to my mind, was that they were gonna fire me, so I told them "I'm getting fired"? They told me no, they told me that I was meeting expectations or I was improving a lot, didn't call out the entire year and had a good attitude who was willing to work in any department they asked me push in...

So after all that being said, they hand me a small blue bag that had no name on it... I didn't check the bag because I assumed it was meant for me... and when I got home I realized that they gave me the wrong bag.

Last edited:
My shift leaders asked me to come to TSC. My shift leaders shut the door behind me and asked me "do you know why we called you here"...
The first thought that came to my mind, was that they were gonna fire me, so I told them "I'm getting fired"? They told me no, they told me that I was meeting expectations or I was improving a lot, didn't call out the entire year and had a good attitude who was willing to work in any department they asked me push in...

So after all that being said, they hand me a small blue bag that had no name on it... I didn't check the bag because I assumed it was meant for me... and when I got home I realized that they gave me the wrong bag.
So besides a plaque what else did you get?

Did the store tell the other TMs that you were employee of the month?

Our store doesn't even announce any new TLs anymore.

I thought they gave you a plaque and it had someone else’s name on it, did they give you a blank one?

So besides a plaque what else did you get?

Did the store tell the other TMs that you were employee of the month?

Our store doesn't even announce any new TLs anymore.
They gave me:
-a congratulatory greeting card that was signed by my shift leader
-a in and out fast food card (value doesn't say)
-a target gift card (value doesn't say)

The store didn't tell anyone else... But I left behind the plaque because I left in a rush that day. So I'm certain people know now 🤔

Last edited:
I thought they gave you a plaque and it had someone else’s name on it, did they give you a blank one?
They had mines ready, it's just that since the bags that contained the plaques and gift cards were not labeled, the shift leader mistakenly gave me someone else's bag. I managed to return the other person's plaque back and the shift leader gave me the plaque that awarded me... However I was on a jam that day and forgot to take the plaque with me thus leaving behind everything in the break room!
I wish they had that at my work but I’ve had the honor twice to be mentioned in the weekly closing TL’s emails for being a hard worker of course. 😎
At my store they used to have a wall that said "employee of the month", they would pick two team members from that entire store... had their pictures taken and a brief essay was printed out saying as to why they became employee of the month or something along those lines.

However, the store I worked at got remodeled, the employee of the month wall was removed because of the construction and now my store hands out plaques

Last edited:
We do similar recognition without plaques. Usually get some type of gift and a giftcard. Also do one for attendance.

Back