Archived So i got my yearly review the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team lead told me that the score on my review was filled in by the ETL, then the ETL handed the review to the TL to fill in the comments. So the score was already determined by the ETL before the team lead even saw the review. Is this the way it's done at all stores? Doesn't seem fair that your boss thinks you are doing a good job but then the ETL can still fill in a bad score if they want.

Sad to say it's pretty much SOP.

It is not so much the reviews that bothers me, it is the way they do it. They call you into an office or such, give the review in 10 minutes, and you really have no time at all to think about it. And then you are asked if you want to write any comments.

The more I think about it, the more BS it is. They should give you a copy of your review, let you really, really read it, and then have the time to respond.

Other than that, it's just a "Hey this is how we feel about you, this is your raise, and sign this".

That's BS...

The comments on the review should not be a surprise to you. Any comments that are in there should be well known already. A review is just that, a review of what transpired over the past year with notes on improvements or further declines.

GTCs are a catch-22: they're supposed to recognize a job well done but, with the emphasis on quantity, they've become worthless & insincere.

I remember when we couldn't leave the huddle until we wrote 3 GTCs. This went on for about a month until one day there was almost a revolt. After that GTCs were no longer handed out.

My team lead told me that the score on my review was filled in by the ETL, then the ETL handed the review to the TL to fill in the comments. So the score was already determined by the ETL before the team lead even saw the review. Is this the way it's done at all stores? Doesn't seem fair that your boss thinks you are doing a good job but then the ETL can still fill in a bad score if they want.

When I was a TL, I had to go into the ETL-HR office with a list of my team member's names and give them a letter for each one. A week or two later I got the list back, with some scores being changed. I then had to write a review to match that letter. In the end they had to figure out how much money was in the budget for raises. If they didn't have enough, than we had to score the team members lower than they were worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back