Archived So i got my yearly review the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 5 years you make $1 more than you started with at the same job. Please don't take offense to this to much but how can (or do) you live on this?

I live at home, which gives up any freedoms at all because you have to deal with parents. My car, while old, is fully paid for. I keep deferring my student loans because I make so little it doesn't count for full time employment (obviously). I have little to no social life mostly because I can't afford it. I don't really allow myself luxuries either. I did have two long term substitute jobs this year (I'm a teacher searching for a full time/permanent position) which helped some financially. I still have bills though. I picked up a second job that is pretty much my gas money. I don't take vacations and I rarely ever get a weekend off. I'm fast approaching a burnout, but I can't afford to take any time off since I make so little.

My biggest fear is that I'm going to be stuck working 50+ hour weeks and be stuck here for years. :(

My review was all E's with a couple of EX's with a raise of 32 cents. This is the best raise that I've gotten in nearly three years at Target !

I received my review,and it was for only 6 months . I received an E overall.a lot of ex and a few E .the only IE was for redcards ( I am on the flow team ) not being available 24/24 7/7 ,and not writing enough gtc ! And also for not moving the team along faster,because after all it is a team effort ! Hum,I do not agree with the last one ,but in all I amd pleased with my review !

I don't care about x's and o's, and such. I got 35 cent raise, just like like the previous years.

I know I need to concentrate on this and that, but that's just the way I am. I like working by myself, and I think most people are retarded in their work ethics. Label me how you want, but I get stuff done, and I don't care what others think. Come to think of it, maybe that's why i'm working this job...

So for some reason *cough*etl-hr*cough* the majority of our store still hasn't received their reviews. So when I went to see my paycheck online I noticed my $.43 raise. Interesting.
Now I don't care what I get on my review, I just want to keep my hours.

Still waiting for my review but can't get onto eHR - home computer with the proper browser is still in pieces & all the stations at the store are in use.
*sigh* Guess I'll see it on my next paystub.

Still waiting. Every other department in the store has gotten theres. Except those under my TL. Oh, he's made them. They're done.
But the only two people I know of to get them either: threatened not to take the Great Team Survey until they got their review, or pestered the TL until they got it.

Still waiting. Every other department in the store has gotten theres. Except those under my TL. Oh, he's made them. They're done.
But the only two people I know of to get them either: threatened not to take the Great Team Survey until they got their review, or pestered the TL until they got it.

At this point you should be able to log onto ehr and check your pay statement. The raise you will receive should be active on this upcoming check. Just do the math.

At this point you should be able to log onto ehr and check your pay statement. The raise you will receive should be active on this upcoming check. Just do the math.

Thanks. Done and done. 3.5% raise. An E, I'm guessing. I understand why the HR was so mad that my TL hadn't gotten the reviews out yet: its already on the eHR site, lol.

so if I only worked for like 3 or 4 months this year (LOA, and I know the raise is prorated with time at target that year) what grade did I get if I got an .18 raise? I was thinking EX or something.

Still waiting for my review but can't get onto eHR - home computer with the proper browser is still in pieces & all the stations at the store are in use.
*sigh* Guess I'll see it on my next paystub.
Use targetpayandbenefits.com, it's a back door for ehr. Go to my pay tab, then ehr.

Worst review I've ever gotten with the best raise.
Not sure if I should be pissed off or just shut up and be thankful.
Oh Spot you sure know how to yank my chain.

Got an EX, 41 cent raise and 50 cent raise for the shift differential change.

followed hardlinemasters advice earlier this week, saw that I got a 43 cent raise, and suddenly stopped caring that my teamleader hasn't had an awkard one on one with me where she tells me that I need to focus more on recognition and write more great team cards.

I got an E and a $0.26 raise. Same old BS about not enough recognition ("you need to write more GTCs, even if you have no good reason to") and not maintaining a brand appearance in the store (even though my fellow cashiers think I have OCD because I always keep my lane clean and zoned - I even dust the registers lol).

I finally got my review today. Last year I had an IE which was upsetting...but this year I got an E & went from $12.30 to $13.53 which is a 10% raise. Not bad Target but I know I deserved an EX.

Finally got to the bennies site.
Same as mrknow: same score as last yr, same amt of raise.
Don't really care if I talk to the ETL since it'll just be same song, 2nd verse.

I live at home, which gives up any freedoms at all because you have to deal with parents. My car, while old, is fully paid for. I keep deferring my student loans because I make so little it doesn't count for full time employment (obviously). I have little to no social life mostly because I can't afford it. I don't really allow myself luxuries either. I did have two long term substitute jobs this year (I'm a teacher searching for a full time/permanent position) which helped some financially. I still have bills though. I picked up a second job that is pretty much my gas money. I don't take vacations and I rarely ever get a weekend off. I'm fast approaching a burnout, but I can't afford to take any time off since I make so little.

My biggest fear is that I'm going to be stuck working 50+ hour weeks and be stuck here for years. :(

:sarcastic:

ha ha ha ha! Target? 50+ hours a week? Who are you kidding?

And... you cant afford to take any time off since you make so little? Really? Its called PAID VACATION. They actually pay you to NOT show up. :huh:

I was expecting to get an EX but received an E. What I don't get is that a majority of my marks were E's but the way my TL was explaining how well I did in each area of the review sounded extremely positive, like I should be getting EX's??? The only IE's I got were in writing GTC's and huddle participation...which I think is a stretch since I try to participate in every huddle I'm in. And I think I got one or two O's and a couple EX's.

Got an E, was expecting an EX as well. They changed the scores so that the checkboxes did not align with my TL's comments. When reading through the review, the TL told me what they actually wrote, and pointed out what they changed, which sucks but also I know of the management issues in the store so I'm not entirely surprised by this.

Our store did not do well with AE12, so people got dinged, especially the TLs (and I feel bad for them, because they were all basically told they sucked because we did worse as a store in the last year).

Got an E, was expecting an EX as well. They changed the scores so that the checkboxes did not align with my TL's comments. When reading through the review, the TL told me what they actually wrote, and pointed out what they changed, which sucks but also I know of the management issues in the store so I'm not entirely surprised by this.

Our store did not do well with AE12, so people got dinged, especially the TLs (and I feel bad for them, because they were all basically told they sucked because we did worse as a store in the last year).

My team lead told me that the score on my review was filled in by the ETL, then the ETL handed the review to the TL to fill in the comments. So the score was already determined by the ETL before the team lead even saw the review. Is this the way it's done at all stores? Doesn't seem fair that your boss thinks you are doing a good job but then the ETL can still fill in a bad score if they want.

My team lead told me that the score on my review was filled in by the ETL, then the ETL handed the review to the TL to fill in the comments. So the score was already determined by the ETL before the team lead even saw and wrote the rest of the review. Is this the way it's done at all stores? Doesn't seem fair that your boss thinks you are doing a good job but then the ETL can still fill in a bad score (which affects your raise, if you even get one these days) if they want.

Last edited:
My team lead told me that the score on my review was filled in by the ETL, then the ETL handed the review to the TL to fill in the comments. So the score was already determined by the ETL before the team lead even saw the review. Is this the way it's done at all stores? Doesn't seem fair that your boss thinks you are doing a good job but then the ETL can still fill in a bad score if they want.

It happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back