Archived So I got to train a bat sh** crazy TM today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a new TM (who I think is about 30 years old) that I spent the morning training in electronics. I seriously think the guy may be paranoid delusional/schizo.

As soon as I met the guy I kind of got the feeling he was kind of off, but whatever. No big deal. Everyone has something a little odd about them.

So, after about an hour he starts telling me all these random things about himself that I never even asked about.

First he tells me that he "loves the change of scenery". I ask him what he means and he says "Oh I mean the new job"

I ask him where he used to work and he tells me "I used to be a pretrial officer with the sheriff's department". So I am thinking wtf and say "You used to be in law enforcement? What, did you get fired somehow?" and then he says "I quit because I was tired of that line of work and wanted to get into retail. But I might make a change again soon"

So I was like "You mean a new job?" and he was like "Yea, I graduated with high honors with a bachelor of science degree, so I might change industries".

So at this point I was just thinking WTF WTF WTF? And I say to him "Sooo... you are saying you used to work in law enforcement, have a bachelor of science degree with high honors, and decided to apply at Target and quit your old job because you thought it would be neat to work retail?" and he looks at me with this weird look and just says "Yea". And then I am like "dude, that makes no sense. You could easily be making 5 times what you are making here" and then says "Oh yea it's that bad economy man" and I was like "but you just said you quit a job you already had to come here" and he just looked at me weird again and said "Yea"

So I get back to focusing on what I am training him. All during the remainder of the day he starts saying random things to me like "Hey, is that guy watching us?" and I am like "Uh no... but if guests look at you they might need your help"

So then his shift is about to be over (he was scheduled to leave an hour before me) and go over to him to let him know he needs to clock out because he was like 2 minutes from going over his scheduled time. Then he puts out his hand to shake mine and says "This was such a great job. Much better than my old one at the sheriff's department. Stay out of trouble, ok?" and I am like "uh ok" and he walks off.

I have a feeling we are never going to see this dude again.....

The odd ones are always the most interesting.

The odd ones are always the most interesting.

Ha, some guy just got fired for saying he was going to shoot up the store. He says stuff like that all the time. No one takes him that seriously. But a team leader overheard him this time.

The duties of pretrial and parole can lead people to burn out real quick. You have to deal with some rough people at their worst; domestic/child abusers, druggies, drunks, gang members, and such.

The duties of pretrial and parole can lead people to burn out real quick. You have to deal with some rough people at their worst; domestic/child abusers, druggies, drunks, gang members, and such.

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that a pretrial officer would be way, way, way, way overqualified to be a TM making $7.50/hour. Especially with a bachelor of science degree with "high honors".

I just checked what pretrial officers make in my city - $26/hour.... and they have some pretty stringent qualifications. Plus it sounds like they have to be squeaky clean - perfect credit history, polygraph test, zero criminal history of any kind.

Sorry, no one with those qualifications making that kind of money says "hey, I'm going to quit this job and get a job where I will be lucky to get 20 hours a week at $7.50/hour". The guy was clearly nuts/delusional.

Assuming it was true, if he really was stressed out at his job, he could have easily gotten some other government job or better corporate job that was more relaxed. It just doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back