Archived So Im a Replenishment Team Lead now

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had our yearly AE meeting...I was one of the lucky ones that got workcenters combined. I was a flow TL....Now im the replenishment team leader over flow, backroom, and instocks. I have been doing the role for a month now since the backroom TL got fired and I have done well. What you guys think of my new position? Any other team leads affected by the changes?

I think that combination of positions makes sense. I think it is a shame to have a BR/IS TL that is pretty much doing the same job as a BR or IS TM 90% of the time. In the past, our flow TL has been heavily involved in the BR brand. He has stuck around through 3 of our BR/IS TL. If you're strong enough, I think you'll do fine. That being said, I've never been a flow TL, so I don't know what all is involved when you're not running the truck. If a store moves up in their Org chart, this is the first position they'll gain back. So, if you don't want the combined position, you can single-handedly try to drive sales for an extra couple million and see what you can do, if you're close to that org chart.

I think if you have a solid team in all 3 areas you will be fine. However that is rare and running around putting out fires and trying to keep that many people all on task can be a complere nightmare. And for amount of metrics and responsibility being placed on you for the pay they are giving you is almost crimminal. I mean what is the difference between you and you ETL? Price and Presintation and a bunch of pay. The trend is clear. Either TL or ETLs are going away down the road. I would bet it will the ETLs.

I think if you have a solid team in all 3 areas you will be fine. However that is rare and running around putting out fires and trying to keep that many people all on task can be a complere nightmare. And for amount of metrics and responsibility being placed on you for the pay they are giving you is almost crimminal. I mean what is the difference between you and you ETL? Price and Presintation and a bunch of pay. The trend is clear. Either TL or ETLs are going away down the road. I would bet it will the ETLs.

I have a good team i feel. The former Backroom TL didnt treat her team well. They never finished backstocking a truck during their shifts. I have been over everybody for a month now. Backroom comes clean everyday easily and does other projects. Flow is getting better everyday. My instocks team is made up of strong flow team members. That process has improved as has resulted in a very full sales floor with all tasks being completed everyday. I generally stay with the flow team during entire push. I let the backroom and instocks team members run those areas and I only follow up and help out if needed

I'm so jealous. I've been overseeing BR/IS for awhile now and nothing ever seems to change. I coach and come up with new plans but no matter what changes I can't do right.

I'm so jealous. I've been overseeing BR/IS for awhile now and nothing ever seems to change. I coach and come up with new plans but no matter what changes I can't do right.

What is the problem? Productivity? I might be able to help?

what work chart are you? I could only see this working at ULV stores. As you move up workcharts you're looking at upwards of 40 people in the building at a time with very strict timeline goals. One TL watching all that while the ETL most likely sits at TSC would be too much. Then what about the daytime backroom are you going to be leading that team as well. It may work out in the beginning if TM's have good routines but even the best TM's start to slack off when they feel no one is watching or around to ensure tasks are being distributed fairly.

what work chart are you? I could only see this working at ULV stores. As you move up workcharts you're looking at upwards of 40 people in the building at a time with very strict timeline goals. One TL watching all that while the ETL most likely sits at TSC would be too much. Then what about the daytime backroom are you going to be leading that team as well. It may work out in the beginning if TM's have good routines but even the best TM's start to slack off when they feel no one is watching or around to ensure tasks are being distributed fairly.

I do work at a ULV store and it will work. I might not watch backroom as much but I always call on the walkie and ask for update and I do make my way to the back when I can break away from Flow. Its worked for a month so I think it will work once I get my additional training.

My problems are a bit of a mixture of problems and I'm really just trying to get something to stick. I'm in a high volume 4am store, my instocks team cares a little too much about their jobs(which is a curse and blessing at the same time), scans w locs still hasn't been below 7% since I've been in charge (although we're getting very close), we also have way too many people scanning(30 people), and with backroom it's mainly not enough payroll and too many people with special availabilities.

@Logthis I believe ULV Org 1 stores are the only ones combining flow, and backroom/instocks under the umbrella of replenishment. We moved up to Org 2 and they stay separate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back