Archived So my HR TL called me in today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ETL that said to take the word of the guest should have come up to GS right away and you should have kept calling for someone.
Who figured out where the cash had been?

OK people.
$1000 in ones. How long would that take to count out? This is a regular occurrence?
LOD says, that the guest is "good for it"?
I'm just going to bag up a pile of cash and put it where ever because nobody is answering a call?

WTF! Come on. We have to check BOB for a 12 pack of Coke, but we're guessing about cash?

You all are being punked. I am sure of it.

tenor.gif

OK people.
$1000 in ones. How long would that take to count out? This is a regular occurrence?
I'm just going to bag up a pile of cash and put it where ever because nobody is answering a call?

WTF! Come on. We have to check BOB for a 12 pack of Coke, but we're guessing about cash?

That's what happened whether you want to believe me or not.

The ETL that said to take the word of the guest should have come up to GS right away and you should have kept calling for someone.
Who figured out where the cash had been?

That I don't know. All I know is that it was recovered by someone. I wasn't told who.

OK people.

I want to borrow from my Wikipedia days and "assume good faith" and let's say the OP is being honest here about what's happening.

Besides the fatal mistake of stashing the money somewhere that isn't a cash drawer or the cash office, and then forgetting about it, let's also focus on the "set up to fail" situation that's being described (again, assuming all accounts are valid on OP's side):
  • No one responding to multiple calls for backup to Guest Service
  • LOD (be it an ETL or SrTL) telling the guest to take their word for it without counting the money, instead of responding to the call for backup
  • Same ETL/SrTL who provided original guidance now also throwing the SDTM under the bus

Come on. We've all worked the Service Desk and we know that seems to be the last priority when the fire is burning. Line to the fucking cartwell. No backup. No response.

There's a part of me that is empathetic and defends the action, especially when leadership was all quick to ignore the multiple cries for help.

Besides the fatal mistake of stashing the money somewhere that isn't a cash drawer or the cash office, and then forgetting about it, let's also focus on the "set up to fail" situation that's being described (again, assuming all accounts are valid on OP's side):
  • LOD (be it an ETL or SrTL) telling the guest to take their word for it without counting the money, instead of responding to the call for backup
  • Same ETL/SrTL who provided original guidance now also throwing the SDTM under the bus

Come on. We've all worked the Service Desk and we know that seems to be the last priority when the fire is burning. Line to the fucking cartwell. No backup. No response.

There's a part of me that is empathetic and defends the action, especially when leadership was all quick to ignore the multiple cries for help.
Yes. I was thinking about this last night actually while closing. It’s something that is hard to believe, but I called for back up 3 times in a row and no one responded. I never call because I know most nights no one can or will respond anyway. Finally had a guest screaming at my about a best buy price match (no). LOD finally came up after I called, then called again, and then got a backroom team member to call again. LOD came up said no again, dealt with it, and looked at my line to the door and walked away.

That is exactly when I thought about this post. It is such a helpless feeling and it can be so overwhelming. Then you feel sorry for making others wait so long and you have to sacrifice good guest service in order to speed through as fast as possible.

As a GSA, I do now have money access that I didn’t have before and I could handle this. We also do have a locked drawer I would have put it in before the GSA access, but if we didn’t have that? To call and call, not expecting an answer because why should any leader have to walk all the way to guest service while a line of guests (most that are rightfully impatient) is staring you down to move along and get to them.

I don’t think I would have left cash out like that, but who knows, I guess.

I want to borrow from my Wikipedia days and "assume good faith" and let's say the OP is being honest here about what's happening.

Agree, I take responsibility for me not properly securing it though. I think the lady from HR will have a decision today. I'll find out.

Yes. I was thinking about this last night actually while closing. It’s something that is hard to believe, but I called for back up 3 times in a row and no one responded. I never call because I know most nights no one can or will respond anyway. Finally had a guest screaming at my about a best buy price match (no). LOD finally came up after I called, then called again, and then got a backroom team member to call again. LOD came up said no again, dealt with it, and looked at my line to the door and walked away.

That is exactly when I thought about this post. It is such a helpless feeling and it can be so overwhelming. Then you feel sorry for making others wait so long and you have to sacrifice good guest service in order to speed through as fast as possible.

As a GSA, I do now have money access that I didn’t have before and I could handle this. We also do have a locked drawer I would have put it in before the GSA access, but if we didn’t have that? To call and call, not expecting an answer because why should any leader have to walk all the way to guest service while a line of guests (most that are rightfully impatient) is staring you down to move along and get to them.

I haven't done it any other time besides this 1. I really don't know what went through my head when I did it but I just did. But yep that's what happened, I received 0 backup after multiple requests for backup. Still doesn't excuse or explain what I did but that's what happened.

I really don't know what went through my head when I did it but I just did.
All of this is what went through your head:
a line of guests (most that are rightfully impatient) is staring you down to move along and get to them
Then you feel sorry for making others wait so long and you have to sacrifice good guest service in order to speed through as fast as possible.

It's called empathy. When you genuinely give a fuck about the guest, you do everything in your power to move the line, to get them in and out, etc. You acted hastily and it unfortunately is now biting you in the ass. I hope they take into consideration the entirety of the situation.

Honestly the only person here whose intentions I call into question are the leadership that didn’t want to respond and basically told the Tm not to check/count the bills, and the guest bringing in a fishy amount of bills on a regular basis. Like... when you do have AP are they sleeping or something? It sounds like an almost certain case of counterfeit bills to me.

Wow! Sounds like a shit show lol. I mean, obviously you know what you did wrong and hopefully you learned from it but at the same time, you had a lot of factors agaisnt you when it happened. A couple of people to blame in my opinion but I'm hoping you don't take the fall for your leaderships failure. I'd love to see the face of whoever found the cash though.

Considering that I had 5 other softlines TMs on the floor with me on Monday night and I was the only one answering calls for backup/strays/etc, yeah I can definitely believe this happened on Black Friday.

So, just to be clear, you only have one drawer at GS that has a lock on it and it’s used for the change fund? Seems odd that there is only one locked drawer - my store has three locked drawers at GS. What sort of bag was this money in? I wonder who found it.

1) That cash would have fit in that register somehow. You can’t convince me otherwise.

2) You should be placed on a final warning, not fired, and your LOD should be put on some sort of corrective as well because you were set up to fail in terms of leadership response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back