Archived So..Should I have called 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on 'Amber': I received word that Amber is better now. Her roomate took care of her.

I am really glad to hear they are okay.
It is unfortunate that fact will only reinforce the LODs impression that the really fucked up decision they made was correct.

This is why I am convinced that anyone who is put in charge of a large retail operation should be required to take first aid classes.
Just make it part of the ETL training.

Unrelated, but is Amber a he or she, because you've used both gender pronouns and I'm confused lol.

Agreed.
TM could've gotten home to an empty house & lapsed into a coma or lost consciousness.
LOD just wanted to get rid of the problem.
Which it what will get LOD fired if the Problem happens outside her control. You should have at least called 911. There is not she could have done to you, because if she did anything, its hotline time.

I am really glad to hear they are okay.
It is unfortunate that fact will only reinforce the LODs impression that the really fucked up decision they made was correct.

This is why I am convinced that anyone who is put in charge of a large retail operation should be required to take first aid classes.
Just make it part of the ETL training.
and spend a day in a place like Code Black's Angels memorial ER, to drive the point home.

FWIW, it's possible the LOD didn't want to call an ambulance because ambulance rides & ER visits are expensive as shit and, depending on the situation, Amber may not have thanked them for the abundance of caution. Hell, I wouldn't want my ETL to call an ambulance for me--call my husband and if I need a hospital he can take me. For the love of god don't stick me with an ambulance bill. And I have health insurance.

That said, did they have any emergency contact information for her on file? Did they try to talk to that person? It seems like it shouldn't have been that hard to get ahold of someone to help her.

For the love of god don't stick me with an ambulance bill. And I have health insurance.

This. Health insurance is so ridiculous. I have a high copay just to afford the premiums but once I get to that point, I still have only 80% coverage. A couple of years ago, I had sciatica and a herniated disk.Most excruciating pain I've ever been in. But I stalled on the MRI because I couldn't afford $675 to get one. It can be a real dilemma when you are struggling financially.

They might be getting workers Comp, since to happened at work. Especially, if they fell & hurt themselves.

You don't typically receive worker's comp for issues that are clearly not work related (like diabetes or epilepsy) or are a preexisting condition. The workplace has nothing to do with a diabetic coma unless they failed to accomodate.

I'm glad for the update, when I started reading this thread I was concerned xhe died at home.

Unresponsive and eyes rolling, yeah 911 should have been called. Yeah, it could have been blood sugar in the subflooring, but it could also have been a stroke or a head injury or a petit mal seizure or anything else that affects brain functioning.

Damn. I got anxiety just reading the original post. How is the LOD going to repeatedly ask an unresponsive TM what their address is so they can send them home? That ETL is a dumbass. Literally just trying to lay them on somebody else so they can go back to pretending that they care about their regular TMs. What a cunt.

FWIW, it's possible the LOD didn't want to call an ambulance because ambulance rides & ER visits are expensive as shit and, depending on the situation, Amber may not have thanked them for the abundance of caution. Hell, I wouldn't want my ETL to call an ambulance for me--call my husband and if I need a hospital he can take me. For the love of god don't stick me with an ambulance bill. And I have health insurance.

That said, did they have any emergency contact information for her on file? Did they try to talk to that person? It seems like it shouldn't have been that hard to get ahold of someone to help her.
They did not contact anyone. We are across the road from a hospital. If not calling 911, I or another coworker could have driven her to the hospital.

What is a xhe

Eh

Anyway good that the TM is okay though I don't see how they could sue Target for their own medical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back