Archived So, um. Re: Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutifulTM

Cashier
I'm working Electronics as cashier that day, and I have never done Electronics ever.... what exactly can I expect? Should I be curling into a shaking ball of fear?

Lots of guest will ask you questions but if your just cashiering you will pretty much be in the boat ringing up guest till the chaos stops.

If you're there at opening you will just be ringing. As the chaos dies down, you might venture out from the boat a bit, but what I told guests when I was in electronics on Black Friday was that I could ring them up, open a case for them, and tell them what we were out of-anything more advanced then that and they would have to ask someone else.

Just keep repeating this phrase: "Let me get a team member that can help you with that." and keep your headset or walkie on!

You are probably Electronics cashier...the acutal Electronic TMs will take care of the guest service while you ring up purchases.

All the game cases will be open. Any secure items will be behind the desk.

Here's what we do at my store.

We block off a path around the boat and form a line thru electronics, people just check out there like a reg cash register. Some items (such as Ipods and whatnot) are in the boat to buy and have to be bought back there so people wait in the big line for that one item ;)

Anyhow, we have usually cashiers back there ringing up, and the rest are directing the line and pointing customers to where items are. there is one person standing on the isle side of the boat to answer questions and directing people not to ask the cashiers and to ask them. and the cashiers are instructed they cannot answer questions and to tell them to find other people to help em :)
What other stores do is probably a bit different..

Here's what we do at my store.

We block off a path around the boat and form a line thru electronics, people just check out there like a reg cash register. Some items (such as Ipods and whatnot) are in the boat to buy and have to be bought back there so people wait in the big line for that one item ;)

Anyhow, we have usually cashiers back there ringing up, and the rest are directing the line and pointing customers to where items are. there is one person standing on the isle side of the boat to answer questions and directing people not to ask the cashiers and to ask them. and the cashiers are instructed they cannot answer questions and to tell them to find other people to help em :)
What other stores do is probably a bit different..

Wow, I really hope our store is that organized!

I'm working Electronics as cashier that day, and I have never done Electronics ever.... what exactly can I expect? Should I be curling into a shaking ball of fear?

The scariest part is seeing that huge crowd of people coming at your and you realize that they are coming for YOU your sales. Once you wrap your head around that, you will be fine.

Proper communication with AP is essential. If you don't, then you will lose thousands in sales. Our team didn't last year and we had a cashier just handing out iPod's. They weren't around long.

Study up on the basics of electronics, despite the great offers there are some customers that will demand to know why they should take it. I despise those customers.

Dont be scared, black friday is awesome! it's the one day out of the year I tell the execs what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back