Archived So what happened to our insurance when you get let go

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was termed from target earlier this month. I was a tl and had been with the company a VERY long time. I just have a quick question about my health care. I got a letter saying it ended the 16th but I can sign up for cobra. Does anyone know what this means? I' lost here

Cobra (Coordination of Benefits Reconciliation Act) You can buy Target's health insurance, however you pay the FULL cost of it. As an active employee, you paid a fraction of it's cost, and Target paid the rest. You will most likely be better off purchasing your own policy on the marketplace (ACA).

don't think anyone can afford cobra,can't see the point unless you have a serious illness and have to pay it.

So I was termed from target earlier this month. I was a tl and had been with the company a VERY long time. I just have a quick question about my health care. I got a letter saying it ended the 16th but I can sign up for cobra. Does anyone know what this means? I' lost here
Sorry to hear it. Curse of the Food TL?

:D I've was with the company a Very long time and always said the market tl spot was cursed! I said it for years and then I got it when they combined all 3 depts:rolleyes:. I was so burnt out I feel like they gave the consumables spot to people to tire them out. In my district I was one of the last few ones left lol . I knew when the the cliques started up again I was over it. I'e been getting texts from my team and it doesn' sound like things got any better. I feel most for my starbucks team theyre REALLY close to quitting

Yeah, with the ACA, COBRA doesn't really make sense. It's main benefit, practically speaking, is maintaining coverage to keep your next insurance company from denying everything on general principle because of pre-existing conditions. The ACA prevents that and the insurance exchanges/subsidies should be a better deal.

Just an FYI, that COBRA coverage is retroactive up to 60 days after the loss of coverage... So if you decided to forgo COBRA coverage initially, but get sick/have an emergency/decide you want it, you just need to send the COBRA people the form and a check for the coverage. Any medical costs associated will be covered retroactive under the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back