Archived So what time and workcenter are you scheduled for Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 3 times they tried to post the schedule, they got pulled apart for edits.
Our poor hrtm was deluged with edits & posted the final edition holding her breath.

I got the "closing" GSTL shift black friday which means noon to midnight. On the upside I can actually go home for thanksgiving for the first time in 2 years, the downside is that it is closing black friday. The zone is a pain that night because the store is torn to pieces...

My bed.

ELEC
WED - 1630-2300
THU - 2045-545 (FRI)
FRI - 1630-2300

first black friday for me too. oooh boy.
Good luck being in Electronics for Black Friday for the first time. You might want to ask your store to requisition you and the rest of your team baseball catcher padding, face shields, and baseball bats.

As a former TM, I'm scheduled to drive home Wednesday, eat food with family Thursday, and sleep on Friday.

After five years (two as cashier, three on salesfloor for BF), this is much deserved.

My store always fell apart on Black Friday. They would assign equipment and areas to people and the assignments never worked. My favorite was last year, when I was scheduled softlines with no equipment and I ended up in toys with a walking and PDA, herding newbie TMs and guests.

We've had a ton of walkies go missing at my store. I wonder how soon before the opening shift I'll need to get there to lay claims on one.

closing the fitting room all weekend....what sucks is I only have 25 hours scheduled for the whole week....why they couldn't give me more than 6 and a half hours on Friday?

Ask your GSTL if there are hours available. We always need cashiers.

most of our cashier spots are filled for the week, provided all the seasonal help continues to show up. But HL and SL have a lot of blanks on the swap board begging to be filled.

i would take you at my store to cashier! this weekend we lost five cashiers!

we just had a bunch of people going through orientation today....don't even think they will be close to be trained on anything but cashiering a week from now...that is of course if they make it that far.

I will look tomorrow to see if anybody has any shifts earlier in the week they wanna give up....but not Sunday!! I am going to enjoy a full 3 day weekend off that I didn't have to beg for or get screwed out of hours for.

This is always subject to change at my store

Wednesday 5 pm to 1 am hardlines/ad take down/ ad set
Thursday 8:45 pm to 12 am cashier
12am to 8 am hardlines

Finally saw the schedule today! 10:30P-7:15A in Hardlines on Thursday night/Friday morning, then 10:00P-6:45A Logistics Zone (overnight sales floor) on Friday night.

At our store, they usually want the experienced TMs to open because of the traffic density. I started back in the summer so they consider me seasoned enough but are pairing me with a pro.

Ah, that makes sense. You won't see me questioning it! ;) I heard that they're going to have four people there... Ick. No thanks. I'm not sure what other Starbucks are like, but that place is cramped enough as it is with the usual two (occasionally three, when shifts overlap) people working.

I am, however, predicting that all day Friday is going to be nightmarish. But maybe that's just because thus far, Fridays are the worst days just in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back