Archived Social Media Push?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your store or district pushing the use of social media to team members? Recently, an ETL created a FaceBook group and started adding team members and other ETLs. Also on Twitter, I noticed ETLs are posting pictures and retweeting others (Vibe related and such) from stores in the district and stuff.

Usually its a ploy for Execs to follow TMs who post negative social media comments or posts.

My sage advice...never friend a person at your work (Target or not) unless you really trust them or they are source of information.

I only friended one GSTL on social media during my Target days. It was only because I highly trusted them and they told me about all the Target forums.

I'm friends with a GSA (we were friends before her promotion), and a TL on Facebook.

I also happen to know said TL is a member of this forum.

I was reading an article about part of the new generation of training the 'modern' manager is to get them to master social media.
Can't find the link but the gist was that part of their duties as a manager was to push the companies goals and ideals through social media.
There was an entire section on how you should create a 'connected structure through social media' with your employees.
It was kind of creepy.

I think its not a terrible idea if executed properly. Making a private store Facebook Group wouldn't be horrendous, considering you could share information with each other (out of sight from Guests/Public), and you wouldn't have to friend everyone. Might be some worries about it constituting "working off the clock" though I'm sure.

Social Media in your store is only going to work as good as the store does. If you have a great team, should be no problem. If you have a problematic team, I would NOT friend anyone or get involved in Social Media....

I've never seen any specific Facebook groups for my store, but everyone, TLs and TMs, have each other on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. I guess maybe we're just a really close store.

However, I have seen the Twitters of both the STL and ETLs, and they do tend to post a lot of store-related material.

The common hashtag they're using on Twitter is #FriendlyIn2

...and not that I am suggesting anything... but this kind of campaign can be easily hijacked.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/friendlyin2

I think I'm about the throw up a red-and-khaki colored mess.

This is exactly the kind of stuff they were talking about.
Creating a positive synergy by using using the thrust of social media to your advantage, not allowing others to overwhelm your message.
You do realize this is their way of dealing with groups like us don't you?

I would not like that at all. My social life is my social life - Do not want the two to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back