Archived Softlines floorpad mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a few Super T's going through extensive remodels this year. Anyone that has seen these remodels knows that the fitting rooms are being moved out of the middle of the softlines floorpad. Here's where things get strange. The two stores I have been to aren't filling the area previously occupied by the fitting rooms. I'm getting this weird feeling that spot is up to something. I've asked folks that are "in the know" and the answers aren't coming. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Thats strange...i work at a gm store, however we have a large volume store in my district that is in the top 10. They originally had fitting room in the middle but after a remodel it was moved to the RTW dept in the far corner of the store and the space where it used to be was just an extentsion of the department that was in the middle. But who knows super t might be different

I would assume sales floor space for what ever is around the area.

but speaking of fitting rooms are all the new fitting rooms co ed? The store I used to work at had its remodel last year and got new fitting rooms and its co ed now rather then separate mens/womans. Looks nice though with the wood accents and lighting fixtures.

My store had both an "upstairs" mens FR and "downstairs" womens FR. After the remodel, the womens one was closed and used as a Signing room.

If you are in remodel, look for fr there on the blueprints.

That's the weird part. The blueprints show racks, quads, tables, etc....BUT they have been instructed to leave it blank for now. I have a feeling there is some other structure in the works.

Our FR went co-ed after the remodel. Not sure if that's a good thing. We also went from having 10 rooms for the women and 4 for the men, down to just 6 rooms for all. I haven't worked back there since March so I haven't heard of any problems.

We are one of the many super t's going through a remodel. For us our old fitting room area has been filled with the new infants/toddler gondolas. Those are now on the tiled floor. As a side note the new carpet they have for softlines is crazy nice for commercial grade carpet.

That's the weird part. The blueprints show racks, quads, tables, etc....BUT they have been instructed to leave it blank for now. I have a feeling there is some other structure in the works.

I'd imagine they're just keeping it to use as swing space during the remodel. Though it's weird that you would ever see it actually empty while the store is open--at the very least they should be spreading softlines racks out to use the space and make it look better for the guests.

They placed activewhar where the old shoes was the shoes where acxtivewhere was (cosmetics when the store opened 20 years ago)

Though electronics is now where mens was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back