Archived Softlines Purge/ Flex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in my stores leadership has decided to purge out ALL folded softlines from the backroom. They are also purging shoes. So. pretty much everything in our backroom for Softlines minus the Diapers, Infant Hardlines, and Socks and underwear . We are literally talking tubs and tubs of merchandise...and all the asst casepacks as well. So, I asked why they were doing this and was told that most of Softlines would be 40 % off ( not sure if for Black Friday or next week)..so they are filling the floor to drive sales. I then found out they are flexing it out. I am afraid after this weekend or next week...all the merchandise they flexed out will come back as BS when they do a deep zone(. I backstock the softlines in my store) I don't see how overfilling the folded tables will make people want to buy more. So, my question are there any other stores doing this? I have NEVER known them to do this and this is my 19th Black Friday.

To be fair, assortments that have been in the back should be put on the floor for the most part. I know that some of them are for upcoming tables, but a lot of it can be flexed out as tables are breaking, plus the fact that many times the new pig is set but the assortment is still in the back.

40% off "all" apparel will drive a lot more sales than you think. At least in my store it does. If it's on the floor, it will sell.

I have no doubts that it will drive sales and its making room in the backroom. For the most part, I think its great. We don't have strong leadership at all in softlines at my store.So, its hard to see their plan coming together and executed correctly. So, I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
I then found out they are flexing it out. I am afraid after this weekend or next week...all the merchandise they flexed out will come back as BS when they do a deep zone(. I backstock the softlines in my store)

Just wait until someone 4x4s those tables. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back