Archived Some cashiering questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever is banking the lanes in the morning or at night would have supervisor numbers so that's really a non issue
That doesn’t answer the question— how do I call them? It’s a slightly sarcastic but also real question. Because whatever it is I’m fairly certain it’s gonna be longer than “LOD”. At my store no front end TM right now other than former GSAs have numbers. Hopefully more get them

That doesn’t answer the question— how do I call them? It’s a slightly sarcastic but also real question. Because whatever it is I’m fairly certain it’s gonna be longer than “LOD”. At my store no front end TM right now other than former GSAs have numbers. Hopefully more get them
You simply say, "NAME, I need an override on lane n#." Use the name of whomever is acting gsa.

whoever is banking the lanes in the morning or at night would have supervisor numbers so that's really a non issue
And if they're on break or meal? Who's in your backup plan?

And if they're on break or meal? Who's in your backup plan?

well, if it's in the morning it's either the Store Director or Service and Engagement ETL/TL and if it's at night the Closing TL can respond

not super complicated

There usually will be more than one GSTM with supervisor numbers at this point. And if you are closing, just call the closing TL by name.

And doesn't every service desk grab a daily store grid anyway? We always have one.

At my store electronics just calls out a generic “I need an override at the boat.” At that point whoever is closest with numbers takes care of it. No reason that the service desk can’t say something similar.

Also remember HR has supervisor numbers too 😉

But that's how it's going to be when there are no longer any GSAs anyway. If there isn't a GSTL on duty, apparently the SCO person is supposed to help the cashier(s) resolve any issues. I would expect the SCO to be unattended multiple times Every Single Day.
It's what Spot wants.
Yeah, that's happened a couple of times this week. There was a gap during the afternoon between the opening and closing SETL, and during that time I had to watch the front, direct a guest-service trained cashier to guest services when it was busy over there, collect hangars etc. If Target wants to go in that direction, then I guess there isn't much I can do. I just hope that when I do have to do it, guest services is covered since I'm not fully trained there yet. Lastly, like starmaster, I'm wondering if shuffling cashiers on different registers if they run out of change is the only way to deal with not being able to get change for the register.

Lastly, like starmaster, I'm wondering if shuffling cashiers on different registers if they run out of change is the only way to deal with not being able to get change for the register.
I've "sold" money to a neighboring cashier when they're low and I have spare for the moment. Give me a ten, I'll give you a roll of quarters. Doesn't affect the actual value of the drawer, I have no idea if it affects some sort of currency count later. And yeah, I'm sure it's not best practice, but sometimes you have to think of alternatives to get through.

I've "sold" money to a neighboring cashier when they're low and I have spare for the moment. Give me a ten, I'll give you a roll of quarters. Doesn't affect the actual value of the drawer, I have no idea if it affects some sort of currency count later. And yeah, I'm sure it's not best practice, but sometimes you have to think of alternatives to get through.
I’ve done that tons of times, a nickel for 5 pennies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back