Archived Some GSA questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBoy

The Red Boy
Hello all. I was looking through the back catalog of posts and I noticed some that answered what I'm about to ask, but I'd like to request some more specifics regarding the position that I haven't been able to find.

- I interview for GSA soon but the job is basically mine. I'm nervous despite this fact, what questions will I be asked? From what I've read it's a lot of the same stuff as it was from the first interview, but if anybody has any examples (I've long forgotten my first interview). Also, will it only require two interviews, one with a TL and one with the STL, or how does this process work?
- Around the time that AE15 rumors were flying I read that for many stores, the pay increase for the GSA position has gone up. Has this proved to be true? Also, is this another instance of NATATS, or is there a general pay increase from base pay to this position?

I think that's all I got. I'm a wee bit nervous but I'll pull through, despite the issues some people here have with this position I'm really excited to be pushed out of my comfort zone moreso than usual. All help and whatnot would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1. For your interview don't stress about it too much, when they open up a GSA position, more often than not they already know who's going to take that said position. As far as the questions go it's actually more of a meet and greet. They ask you a question about a certain situation and ask you what you would do in that specific situation.

AFAIK there is no increase with the pay.

I recently promoted to GSA. I had to interview with my ETL then with STL, but A.S.A.N.T.S for sure on that one. My store didn't require I submit a formal application, but there are some stores that do. I know others who didn't even have to interview for the position, like @Nauzhror on this forum, since technically all HR has to do is change you in the system. So that one really just depends on how your store treats the GSA position, since it really is an awkward pseudo-leadership job.

The paygrade is still N07, which is usually 50 cents above base but in some stores that goes up to a dollar.

Good luck! It's a lot of stress and I often question whether I made the right decision.

I was interviewed by the ETL-HR and STL for the position. I had already gone through TL interviews and was ensured that GSA would be a development opportunity until a need for TLs opens up. Now here I am as a GSA being told that I have to be sent for interviews again (no longer on the bench) and that the my ETL will decide if that will happen. I currently get the least amount of GSA shifts of our 4 GSAs and for some reason I usually get 28 hours a week opposed to the other GSAs getting 38. I have open availability too...

One of my TLs are extremely supportive of my development and the other GSTL seems like she's out to get me, never giving recognition to me or helping with development

Talk about morale being killed. I think I do a great job and I definitely have the team's buy in, but I'm pretty sure I'm stuck and got screwed.

Some of the questions in my interview were the same as my initial interview. Super easy questions though. I did my first interview with my GSTL and the second with my ETL-GE.

My pay increase was .50. It's a piddly little amount for all the extra I'm responsible for but oh well. I have no idea if the pay increase has gone up since I was promoted.

Was a dollar raise at my store. Still piddly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back