Archived Someone ratted me out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some stupid thing.

We were allowed to have our own music on the salesfloor before the store opens.
Then, they decided no more. People were supposedly texting and productivity was going down.

Now, when I am on the salesfloor before the store opens, I follow this rule. But I also do ad prep. Upstairs in the TL office. When I do this, I have my own music because otherwise, it's incredibly boring and silent. I don't see or talk to anyone for at least 4 hours.
My ETL saw me the other day and told me I couldn't listen to my music/podcasts. It's not fair bla bla bla and someone complained about it. I was pissed. Especially since we have a couple people who will rat out any TM they can. This needs to stop!

Do you agree with this or am I being unreasonable?

Well technically its in their right.

Is it reasonable though? I would say no, especially if you are in an offstage area. I (and the other GSA/CO TMs) would listen to music on SPEAKERS in the cash office and no one had a problem with it.

Yeah, we have a boom box in the CO at my store and I listen to the local classic rock station every morning I'm in there. Never heard any complaints, even when the various LODs walk in to ask me something.

So basically what Barcode said. They can dictate it as such, but it's probably not reasonable.

My store lets us In the backroom, ad prep, and before store opens. As long as you can hear the walkie... one earbud or low through a speaker. But if it did cut into productivity it would be stopped. If you let one person you have to let all though. One person can ruin it for all.

I've had ETLs compliment my choice of music in the mornings in CO. Sounds like either someone has it in for you or they're having trouble enforcing their no music policy elsewhere.

I can see their point... if someone sees you doing it then they will raise an issue with it etc. For years we were allowed a boom box in the backroom...which we kept at a low volume then one day the aptl came back there and took it ...we asked why...and we were told that someone on the floor had complained they couldn't listen to music so why should we....I also. don't see the big deal with you listening to music either if you are off stage etc.

Listening to music while doing ad prep is the only thing that keeps me focused. Otherwise I get board and my mind starts to wander.
I do this. My speed shot up, too. Just as long as we don't have earbuds in they don't care and as long as we are closed.

We had earbuds on for awhile 3am shifts. Then some LOD came through and told everyone "speakers only" because of "safety concerns".

I love bringing my backstock to the back room. I dance my way in and dance my way out!

I will gladly SUBT999 my three tier of cosmetics in the backroom any day. My backroom team always has good music on

I love bringing my backstock to the back room. I dance my way in and dance my way out!

I will gladly SUBT999 my three tier of cosmetics in the backroom any day. My backroom team always has good music on

They used to be able to play CD's in BR at my store than one of them kept playing Cee lo's Fuck You over and over.
So much for that.

They used to be able to play CD's in BR at my store than one of them kept playing Cee lo's Fuck You over and over.
So much for that.

Thats another thing in my store. It has to be the *clean* version of everything. If they can't play it on a radio station the answer is no. I agree though. I don't wanna hear cussing every other word. That's just ghetto and trashy. We have someone early mornings who is going to ruin it for everyone else though.. have you ever heard the unedited version of "Chris Brown - Loyal" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back