Archived Sooo many questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Im new to the Target team. Im still in the training phase but I have soooo mamy questions.
Im working soft lines and my trainer trained me, but im still confused. My trainer was a little fast and i felt like everything im supposed to know was crammed together in one day. Also this is my first time working in retail ever.

1. After you clock in how do you know where to go? For instance how will I know im in Ready- to- wear, operations, girls, boys etc.? Is there a list or something?

2. What exactly are my daily task? Like will someone assign me or should i just "know".

3. What does Pushing mean???? Do I do this?

4. She showed us the back area where we had to put some shirts away and scan them, not quit sure why we did that.

I feel like im a lost cost, lol. I understand getting a cart and putting the clothes uo amd also folding and keeping the area nice and neat, but after that im lost as what else am i to do.
I hope I dont soumd dumb asking these questions.

ETA: Im a softlines team member btw.

Last edited:
1. This depends on the store. At my store, they have a list of sales floor team members by the timeclock with assigned areas. Otherwise, go to your team leader.
2. Typically, being assigned to an area means you're zoning (tidying up, making sure items are in the right spot) and helping guests on the floor in that area.
3. Pushing is getting new stock, unpacking it, and putting it in its correct spot. You can find out the correct location by scanning the item or typing the DPCI into your myDevice. Your trainer/TL should have taught you or be teaching you how to read the locations.
4. Sounds like she was teaching you to backstock. It's pretty simple to do- just go to one of the aisles in the backroom, scan the item with your myDevice, and scan the barcode underneath where you want to put the item. There are no specific locations where items belong, as long as you're in one of the designated aisles. Your TL can go over this with you in more detail.

In general: If you feel stuck, ask your TL or ask one of your peers. This is what we're all here for.

1. This depends on the store. At my store, they have a list of sales floor team members by the timeclock with assigned areas. Otherwise, go to your team leader.
2. Typically, being assigned to an area means you're zoning (tidying up, making sure items are in the right spot) and helping guests on the floor in that area.
3. Pushing is getting new stock, unpacking it, and putting it in its correct spot. You can find out the correct location by scanning the item or typing the DPCI into your myDevice. Your trainer/TL should have taught you or be teaching you how to read the locations.
4. Sounds like she was teaching you to backstock. It's pretty simple to do- just go to one of the aisles in the backroom, scan the item with your myDevice, and scan the barcode underneath where you want to put the item. There are no specific locations where items belong, as long as you're in one of the designated aisles. Your TL can go over this with you in more detail.

In general: If you feel stuck, ask your TL or ask one of your peers. This is what we're all here for.

Thanks so much :)

Ask your trainer all of those questions on your next shift. We'd rather have you ask a million questions now instead of guessing and screwing up later.

Ok so Im new to the Target team. Im still in the training phase but I have soooo mamy questions.
Im working soft lines and my trainer trained me, but im still confused. My trainer was a little fast and i felt like everything im supposed to know was crammed together in one day. Also this is my first time working in retail ever.

1. After you clock in how do you know where to go? For instance how will I know im in Ready- to- wear, operations, girls, boys etc.? Is there a list or something?

2. What exactly are my daily task? Like will someone assign me or should i just "know".

3. What does Pushing mean???? Do I do this?

4. She showed us the back area where we had to put some shirts away and scan them, not quit sure why we did that.

I feel like im a lost cost, lol. I understand getting a cart and putting the clothes uo amd also folding and keeping the area nice and neat, but after that im lost as what else am i to do.
I hope I dont soumd dumb asking these questions.

ETA: Im a softlines team member btw.

1. In our store, after you clock in you would go back to the fitting room for your assignment. If your operator on duty doesn't know what it is you're supposed to be doing for your shift [ours generally know] then you check in with either one of your TLs (if they're on shift) or the LOD (Leader on Duty/ ETL Shift Manager). If your operator doesn't know what you are supposed to be doing for your shift then ask the operator if one of your TLs is there. If yes, find out their location and go see them for your tasks. If not, call for the LOD. You will find that this will not be a daily thing. Once you've been working there for awhile you'll get the hang of what the daily routines/expectations are and where you're supposed to start.

2. As I said above, you'll find a routine after you've been working there for awhile. Day side tasks include - touching up the zones; putting reshop/gobacks away; pushing product from the truck; doing backstock; and taking care of our guests when they have questions or need help finding something.

3. Pushing is taking product from carts and z-racks and putting it where it's supposed to be on the floor. If they tell you that you need to "push the truck" that's what they mean. Sometimes you'll push autofills (batches pulled from the stockroom that need to go out to the floor).

4. This was obviously a lesson on backstocking. When you scan an item, scan the shelf, then tell it how many you are placing on the shelf... that's backstocking. What it does is tell the store computer what's located in the backroom and where so we can find it when it comes time to put it out on the floor.

Remember ASANTS (All Stores Are Not the Same) so check with your trainer to be sure that your store works the same way because there is a perfect example in what Schind told you above. In my store it DOES matter what you put on the aisles. We have an aisle for shoes/mens, an aisle for womens, and an aisle for Kids. You're not supposed to put men's in the kid's aisle or kids in the women's aisle. Obviously in Schind's store this is not the case but in mine... I'd hang you up by your toes if you put things willy nilly wherever you wanted. ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back