Archived Sooooooo a coworker scammed me (possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small claims court is your best option if you do indeed have documented proof. Those courts usually have max limits of $2000-5000. I know you said it was a lot but I certainly hope you didn't loan them that much money.
THIS^
I took some law classes in college and small claims is probably your only best option here. Usually, depending on your state, you pay a small fee and file the case. You represent yourself and show your evidence, then the judge makes the decision. Only downside to this, is that the defendant might still refuse to pay, meaning you would have to take it back to court again.

So depending on how much you lost, it may or may not be worth it. Out of curiosity, how much was it?

I'm gonna give my 2 cents. Target can't really do much but I would plan to take this person to court AND warn HR about what has happened and is going to happen. That was you can defend yourself in case any harrassement claims are made against you

Yeah, the only loan I would give to coworkers is like 5 bucks. They all earn more or equal to what I earn so, if they're asking money from an equally broke guy, wtf do you think I'm going to do? I hope it all turns out well for you. Don't do it again man. If you ever loan, loan to someone you trust. TRUST trust though, not "Oh, they're family/friends" kind of trust because family and friends also don't pay you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back