Sorting repacks

Arrested? Really? Come on now. Let’s not overreact.

First, all those items are “combo”, so that’s why they are in the same box. When those products come in, they can all be on the same pallet as well from the vender.

None of the items where open or leaking onto anything so idk why you would be freaking out.

They were lucky and none of the items leaked. The point is they could have and at store level are not supposed to be in the same place in case they do. I've opened repacks where the bubble bath has leaked on baby food, cups, and clothes and it has to be defected. Though the items could still be eaten or washed and used guests won't buy it and risk quality. Even when bagging groceries at the register you shouldn't mix food with any type of chemical whether dish soap or roach killer, though sometimes with really small purchases I'll ask a guest if I can put them together & they'll usually thank me for it too.

They aren't suppose to stick the breakpack labels to the product unless its shrinkwrapped in clear plastic that's going to be unwrapped at the store. They're suppose to rubber band them to the product instead. If that got caught happening at our DC they'd be coached a couple times before getting a CA.

Half the time when they stick them to something that has plastic, it's when the plastic the products are wrapped in doesn't cover the entirety of the products and part of the label will still stick to the items. My TL took note of it, especially when I showed them how many things they stuck the labels to. I don't know if DC got talked to, but it's still happening.

What do you prefer for clothes? I have a former store side tm that says they preferred it stuck to the clothing item when they worked in the store rather than paper clipped.
I don't work in softlines so I can't give an opinion for that one. I'm in personal care/OTC so they're sticking them to boxes of contact solution, pain meds, kid's meds, etc. And guests will not buy them.

I do not work at DC however have been apart of a truck unload 5 days a week for 5 years so I have seen some let’s just say “interesting” trailer loads with questionable packing. However the repacks are pretty consistent for the most part. Today I was blown away by something though. It was an unmarked red repack so naturally I busted it open to see the contents. I looked down in shock as I saw Annie’s Mac n cheese, chef Boyaredee cans, glass jars of pickles (which is questionable on its own) and finally the main issues, a few of the small bottles of Downey fabric softeners and the Raid Ant and roach killer... Freaking bug spray mixed with food and food targeted towards children at that. POISON! I was appalled at this and think whoever was responsible should be fired if not arrested. Who in their right mind would do this? Am I just overreacting or does anyone else find this as crazy as I do?

So re-reading I know exactly what this is. In our building we use to call them hurricane packs. Basically someone had a bunch of random crap sitting around (like on the mezz sorter) and their solution was to just throw it in an overpack box and drop it in a trailer. Then its gone and they don't need to figure out how to process it. It's not the right way of doing something but it is A way.

Today I had 3 repacks with more “fan zone” apparel (which is already full). And I was talked to at noon for not perfectly folding every shirt...

Then so made my way to seasonal where I had a pallet of clearance furniture that took 10 minutes to unshrink wrap these two wicker chairs. Why are they still sending merch that is 75% off??

Today I had 3 repacks with more “fan zone” apparel (which is already full). And I was talked to at noon for not perfectly folding every shirt...

Then so made my way to seasonal where I had a pallet of clearance furniture that took 10 minutes to unshrink wrap these two wicker chairs. Why are they still sending merch that is 75% off??

I'm sure Target gets more money back for the item selling it on clearance through the store then going through the salvage process at a DC. If it goes through our salvage process at the DC then items just get sold to a 3rd party liquidator that pays pennies on the dollar for them.

Hey do happened to know the liquidation company they use?

Nah, I just build it into pallets and shove it on a trailer, clericals handle the rest. Though one night I ended up on the weird part of youtube and was watching people buy stuff from bulq.com. Had some target brands in the salvage boxes they bought.

Back