Specialty Sales to take over home and seasonal

I really feel like the majority of stores have huge issues with Fulfillment not being held accountable for creating messes for the rest of the store. They might have destroyed the zone, thrown trash all over the floor, and hit a guest with their cart, but at least their UPH is high!
Preach!

I really feel like the majority of stores have huge issues with Fulfillment not being held accountable for creating messes for the rest of the store. They might have destroyed the zone, thrown trash all over the floor, and hit a guest with their cart, but at least their UPH is high!

Exactly. Another big issue at my store is they fake pull stuff from the backroom because they know our leads are monitoring how often they are actually picking from the backroom. Skipping the backroom routinely used to be a big deal at my store. So now they use barcode generators on their phones and take things from the floor. This is a big issue for me because my shit is heavy and power equipment is need to take it down.

I did a fast pre-inventory check of appliances this afternoon because it looked like I had a lot more outs on the salesfloor than I should have had. After doing that I pulled just appliances. It took 3 U-boats and a flat to get everthing to the floor that should have been out there. I was livid. I don't have time for that. I have salesplan transition freight all over the backroom. My kitchenware and tabletop backroom areas are stuffed with the transition from repacks that has to get out before inventory. I need to fucking set not be pulling out 4 vehicles of crap fulfillment faked picking from the back. I've worked 23 hours over the past 2 days and I'm probably looking at 12 or more tomorrow because I have to get all of my shit done and for some reason the RDC decided to send 150+ cases of Dec Home the day before inventory.

But, hey, team let's make sure we're all backing up fulfillment.

Just noticed on the staff schedule that we have gained another SSTL, someone from outside the store as I've never heard their name before. Still have all of our other leads in the same jobs. Interesting...

The "fix" is in. Anything else better? Worse?

Target is just simply reorganizing to tighten things up. We're no different than anyone else when it comes to obtaining help.

Also, a lot more emphasis will be on SFS. These type of transactions are keeping us in the black vs the red.

Has anyone implemented this? We were told to hold off as this restructuring doesn't work for all stores, yet all the workload and sales have started falling under specialty sales this week.

Has anyone implemented this? We were told to hold off as this restructuring doesn't work for all stores, yet all the workload and sales have started falling under specialty sales this week.

We've implemented it. As a DBO the only change for me so far is I report to different leadership. I'm sure there will be some changes coming, but it's new and the SSTL put in charge of the area is self aware enough to know that she doesn't understand the area enough to make constructive changes yet.

I still own plas and stat which is now part of H&S. I own toys,sports, plas, stat and inbound so the only change for me is going back to inbound.

Anyone else’s Style team being asked to do the “specialty sales hardlines” OFOs now?

Not yet, here. But, it's likely coming. We can't consistently make metrics unless someone pulls at night because H&S leaves mid to late afternoon. It would be nice if someone in specialty sales would at least pull enough to get our numbers where they need to be. Hell, just pull the small stuff and stage it if needed.

Not yet, here. But, it's likely coming. We can't consistently make metrics unless someone pulls at night because H&S leaves mid to late afternoon. It would be nice if someone in specialty sales would at least pull enough to get our numbers where they need to be. Hell, just pull the small stuff and stage it if needed.
What do your closing experts do then? They should be pulling at least once.

What do your closing experts do then? They should be pulling at least once.

They focus on essentials as they leave much earlier in the day and have many, many more DCPIs to pull. If an H&S pull gets really big such that it's needed to meet overall store numbers, the closers will pull for that area. But, that's not too frequent because essentials is always so much more. For example, my pull might be 50 but chem is going to be 2-300. I'll do my pull before leaving, but it doesn't take too much more to drop below my district's 70% goal.

It's a big issue right now because the DCs dumped so much home frieght on us that was all backstock. Whatever we sell, we have more of it in the back.

Well we really went flop. Our new ETL's never made it and it looks like we're on to round two.

One of our TL's and I believe the corresponding ETL are using the change to revert back to the older ways. They've even said as much. This will not work.

Modernization is not going away. It is our logistics process.

Well we really went flop. Our new ETL's never made it and it looks like we're on to round two.

One of our TL's and I believe the corresponding ETL are using the change to revert back to the older ways. They've even said as much. This will not work.

Modernization as we knew it is dead. Everything but the unload process is gone in my area. No more dbos.

No more dbos ? What do you mean?

No TM has a designated area anymore. They are put wherever the freight is heaviest that day in theory to ensure the truck comes clean. With the exception of style (at least at my store) which is steadily piling up on pallets again. TMs working the line are scheduled under inbound, TMs working freight are scheduled under flow.

Back